Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Yellow Blob

Yesterday I found myself riding on a van loaded with slow individuals.  One man kept referring to Ron as "Dad" and the other kept calling him Santa.  Ron decided to turn on his music, and 3 of the people began singing along with "Let's Stay Together" - very badly, as one might expect. 

"This" I thought "Has got to go in the blog." 

I had an evil thought, while riding.  I could have told everyone Ron was Santa, and he had a big party planned for them at the workshop.  They would have been pretty upset. 

I didn't do it.  I just had a bad thought is all. 

It started out pretty simply.  I got up at 3, went to Walmart.  We bought some dark roast ground coffee for work, and some personal groceries. 

Ron gave me some money, and said "Spend it however you like".  As of today I bought 41 evangelism Bibles (one of which I already gave away), a Giant Print hardcover personal Bible, and $35 of driver candy (I bag it up with Scripture booklets and give it away). 

I'm sure a lot of people would have bought completely different things, but it made me happy.  We got picked up (a driver we like) and went home. 

I put away the perishables and changed into my work shoes. 

We had the ride, picking up the slow people from their group homes (run by a "church") to go to the workshop (also run by the "church").  I don't feel churches should get involved in business.  They're not here to make money, they're here to share the gospel. 

Anyway, after we unloaded them all the driver told me about the rap song "Jesus is my N*gga".  She had very complex feelings about the word, and summed it up by saying she felt only black people should use it. 

God knows I never would. 

We went to the warehouse.  I'd bought my back brace.  It is neon green and black. 

I didn't realize all the Sam's Club customers would assume I worked there.  I got some major attitude when I told them I didn't.  One guy kept pointing at my back brace and I finally snapped "It's MINE.   I bought it on the INTERNET.  I work in VENDING."  He finally stomped off. 

I wonder if the manager got any complaints. 

In the meantime I was busy loading a whole flatbed with quite a few bottled drinks.  Ron told our friend it was a "small" order.  I said, "You mean a 'Ron small'"

I found an employee to help, two of them loaded the truck.  Yay.  I tipped them with money Ron gave me (a very good tip, which pleased me).  I also gave them some candy with scripture booklets. 

The nice thing about the candy, they can always throw away the book if they don't want it. 

We got to work and I spent a good 20 minutes, at least, unloading the "Ron small" onto handcarts and trucking them into the building.  Some construction workers walked past. 

By this time I am dripping with sweat.  I'm so hot and sweaty I've literally sweated salt patches onto my black t-shirt.  My deodorant stone performed above and beyond and I didn't have a whiff of odor.  I was a little annoyed, I met one employee today and she said she saw "That guy unloading the truck".  I unloaded the truck alone.  By myself.  No one helped because our friend had recent surgery.  He may have pushed some chips toward the tailgate but that's it. 

Yesterday, though, I saw some construction workers.  I am dripping in sweat.  Ron's sitting in his wheelchair, under an umbrella shading him from the sun.  Our friend is standing by, people watching. 

"Look!"  I exclaimed.  "What women's liberation got me!"  I waved at the men standing by.  The construction workers laughed and kept going. 

Our friend got pretty upset.  "They could have come over and hit me.  I look like a real @sshole for not helping you already."  I told him none of the guys, whom I knew, were dumb enough to hit anyone on Federal property.   [Unless they saw him raping me, which I didn't say of course.] 

I got it all shoved into the stockroom and we went to lunch (our friend's idea).  I had a chicken fried steak with brown gravy.  It was very good.  Since it was my Big Meal of the day I took my meds.  We went back to work. 

I stocked.  A lot.  I filled all the vending machines.  Our repairman came out; and we got the bottled vendor fixed.  I gave him some goodies and Ron tipped him.  He also adjusted the brew on the coffee machine, to make it stronger.  Ron drank some and agreed it was "Very good". 

We finally left.  I was exhausted.  Our ride called to say she was outside.  My glasses fogged up the minute I left the building.  I'd already seen the cab so I told Ron I'd just head for the yellow blob. 

We got over there, got Ron loaded.  Of course we encountered rush hour traffic, which makes me passionately happy I do not work office hours anymore (not usually).  With careful planning, we can avoid all that drama. 

We got home and I pretty much went right to bed. 

I got to sleep in today, a day off.  We went to the Christian bookstore (some of the Bibles).  Not the one with the vending machine, the other one. 

I got the Bibles, and what I wanted for myself: a nice, giant print, hardback, New King James Bible with a concordance and maps.  It's very nice and fits in my Bible cover.  My smaller print Bible will go out on a Handout to a loving new home. 

I had time to run and get some food.  I did and came back.  Ron was pretty happy once he had a chicken sandwich. 

We went home.  I'm pretty stiff from yesterday, so I took a nap.  I figure I need to rest as much as possible when I'm under a lot of physical stress. 

Emotional?  Not really.  Ron's doing his best to value and appreciate me.  He's really happy I helped him keep the last electric bill down to $73.  The cats are fine and healthy. 

Other than some depression, I'm fine. 

I did get some 2-in-1 conditioner/shampoo.  When I'm depressed I find the whole shampoo, rinse, condition, rinse a little exhausting, especially first thing in the morning.  The blend I got (Aussie) has a nice fragrance, got my hair clean, and did a decent amount of conditioning.  My hair is pretty much waist length now so it likes a little more care and feeding.  It looks fine, though. 

I was glad I had bought it. 

The thing on my chest is finally nearly healed.  What a drama.  I wake up one day and I've got a huge infected thing half the size of a dollar bill, on my chest.  God, and some home remedies, fixed it right up.  I found it funny, it hurt more as it healed than it did as it grew. 

I hate going to the doctor. I especially hate hospitals. 

I am taking some immunity herbs and vitamins (can't talk about it due to FDA rules, but basic cheap stuff easily found online, look at Swanson in their "immune" category.  Last thought, sometimes the old ones are the best).  I figure they'll help me heal up, prevent any further dramas, and keep me healthy. 

One of my cashiers was very sniffly, yesterday.  I pray she had allergies, but if she didn't I want to have my arsenal on board. 

The business literally rides on my back.  I need to stay healthy. 

I've also been eating more protein, mainly milk and yogurt.  I was pretty healthy as a teen because I drank tons of milk.  I'm trying to get back to that place (not the rest of it, but I was physically pretty healthy). 

I'm going to enjoy the rest of today. 

Tomorrow will be more of a moderate work day, then home. 

That'll be nice. 

No comments: