Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bad Energy

God has given me many awesome things. 

Today, for instance.  I'm stocking our vending machines in our lovely cafeteria.  I see management walking through with the union representatives.  Everyone's smiling and nodding in approval. 

YES! 

Our boss came by - one of them.  She rated us 100% on our review.  She loves what we're doing.  She is definitely behind us on two issues that need addressing with the other vendor. 

I made sure to emphasize I don't want her to make any waves right now, at least not on my behalf, because "They're under a lot of stress right now losing a lot of their business". 

Another thing - God chose to give us a lot of the business lost by the other vendor.  [shrug]  That's God.  We certainly didn't go after it, the business came to us.  I just ask God to be a good steward of whatever He gives us. 

Ron doesn't see things that way.  He was very bitter, belligerent, and angry for most of the day.  I understand he has problems.  I don't have to receive his attitude, though. 

I can observe it and not let it soak into me - and it would be so easy.  I wanted to launch the blog with a bitter retelling of how he called me a filthy name with a customer sitting not 5 feet away. 

But, at the end of the day, bad behavior like that just makes Ron look bad.  Everyone, you included, knows I am devoted to him.  I give 100% in our marriage, and at work.  Probably 125% at work.  [grin]  If he wants to abuse what he's been given it's on him. 

He WILL account. 
But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
 
That also means I need to be careful relating my day.  [wink] 
 
We got up early.  I got to sleep late, so I hit the snooze a couple times.  What with all the stupid skin infections I decided to take the shower and do my God Time later (just finished before I got online). 
 
We went to Walmart; the wholesale club hasn't had any Mountain Dew.  We serve a night shift population: we need Mountain Dew. 
 
We got the Mountain Dew.  We went to the wholesale club (Ron waited outside).  I got some sandwiches. 
 
I had a very legitimate complaint: the sandwiches run out and they have nothing to eat if they're required to work overtime.  I got some more sandwiches and corn dogs.  We sell the corn dogs with ketchup and mustard, for a dollar.  One is pretty filling by itself and a good idea for a postal worker on a budget.  I've never had one expire.  Never had a complaint, either.  I made Ron eat one (I'd get heartburn) and he loved it. 
 
I got those and loaded them up.  I also got a little candy and "Big Hot Chips" (2 ounce assorted hot). 
 
We went to work.  I stocked.  We had our visitations.  We did well. 
 
Ron didn't know anyone was there so he stocked quietly.  I've noticed....
 
He used to deride my social skills.  I was wierd.  I would "make him look bad" etc.  He used to be obsessed with the thought of me embarrassing him, and go nuclear if he felt I had.  These days, management, customers, repairman, and our bosses (we have 2) all prefer to interact with me vs. Ron.  I find that interesting. 
 
So, when the boss lady came she dealt with me 95% of the time.  I know the business and I am clearly second in command.  I don't want to be the boss, but I do my job well. 
 
Glad that all went well. 
 
Then we went to the bank. That took a while. 
 
We finally came home.  I was pretty wiped out - all that bad energy I guess.  I took a nap. 
 
I got up and did my God Time. 
 
Ron agreed to do a Bible Handout tomorrow.  I let him pick the location and the timing - God will make it work and it made Ron a lot more amenable since he felt he was "controlling" it.  Ha!  It's all God, Baby. 
 
So, we're off.  We do a Handout and that's it.  It should be interesting.  I have kid Bibles.  Those always go fast.  Almost as fast as the Spanish, and I have them too! 
 
It's going to be hard packing my crate - so many awesome Bibles. 
 
 

No comments: