Monday, August 4, 2014

It wasn't a bad day

Yesterday.  It wasn't a bad day but it sounds like it. 

Saturday I discovered a horrid infected thing on my chest.  Now, I get little skin infections now and then but this was the worst ever. 

A little background: I hate doctors and hospitals.  I went to them for help when I was sick, I knew I was dying of something, and no one could figure it out.  As a result, I'm not a fan. 

If I can treat it at home, I'm going to do it.  However, this was enough to give even me pause.  I tried a few home remedies and went to bed Saturday night. 

Sunday morning, it looked better, but I had a migraine.  I'd also started my cycle.  The headache pills did help with the cramps, but it's a bad migraine when I've taken a dose at 3 AM, a dose at 7, and another one after services at 11:30.  I wasn't queasy, though. 

We took the "extra" wheelchair to church, and they're happy to have it. 

We did get a burger after church, I was able to eat at least.  We went home and I chose to take a long nap. 

I had to get up at 2 AM today. 

#6 is a very loving, close-knit family.  They also like to play on cooler summer nights in the backyard, right outside my bedroom window.  Last night they got the wading pool and didn't finish up until well after 8. 

I also discovered the people behind us own a dog.  Some kind of hound.  I'm so used to bad dog owners, who force the dog to live in the yard, with minimal human interaction, I didn't even realize for over a month. 

They're good owners.  They only let the dog out to play and toilet.  Then it's back in the house.  As a result it's quiet nights - unless #6's five children are out shrieking in the wading pool.   He (?) got a little worked up and barked a few times. 

I finally gave up and read a book on evangelism for a while.  I went to bed after 9.  My chest looked appreciably better. 

I woke up at 2.  I had a surprising amount of energy considering, but some depression.  My thing looked better yet.  

I got dressed and went to work, bringing my neon green/black back brace and some snack items.  It's a good thing we had the snacks.  The machines were pretty picked over.  I got to work stocking. 

Ron did sodas.  The coffee machine had a problem, no coffee beans.  That will be fixed tomorrow.  People are also complaining about a very weak coffee.  I got a Folgers "mild breakfast blend".  I think they need a stronger dark roast.  We'll be getting that tomorrow. 

We'd put K-cups into the food vending machine, along with a cup.  They have 2 brewers in our area.  My K-cups were sold out.  Good. 

I finally finished snacks (they really like my selections, I'll actually be relieved when the other vendor's breakroom opens up), and helped Ron with various things. 

We talked a little, to the other vendor.  He's fine. 

I got my sandwiches.  He's a nice guy. 

We got our Dr Pepper delivery.  He's a really nice guy and I made sure to fix him a lunch.  He was really grateful and a big help to me, putting it away (48 cases). 

After all that I was ready to go home.  I was so glad we were just doing that: going home only. 

I took a nap for a couple hours and woke up to odd dreams.  UPS delivered some Bibles, always a good thing. 

I tried to go back to sleep but Ron was making a lot of unintentional noise.  I finally gave up. 

I did half my God Time when I got up, so I finished it, then turned on the computer.  I even made myself a decaf iced coffee in my coffee pot. 

I'm toying with the idea of making more coffee as opposed to diet soda. 

No comments: