Monday, December 12, 2011

You don't like money?

You know, I get it.  Some people find me annoying.  I understand. 

However, in this wonderful internet age, no one has to read a thing I type.  Between message board "Ignore poster" buttons, "Unfriend" or "block" on Facebook - and the simple fact that anyone can delete a bookmark, why would anyone choose to read something I wrote, if they don't like my style? 

I talk a lot, I get that.  I talk a lot about my problems; because I hope it can help other people, with, I hope, "Lesser" problems.  I talk about my problems because I want to be a source of encouragement for people with mental illness and those who love them: "Heather does all right because she takes her medication as directed".  If you don't like that, you can stop reading.  I can't force anyone to read a thing I type. 

I hope, people, would also learn from me; a 20-years-older "boyfriend" might bear a little consideration.  Drinking is bad.  Especially if you have a family history of "problems".  While I'm at it, don't drink when pregnant - while the child may APPEAR fine they could have lifelong, devastating, brain damage that will plague them. 

I APPEAR fine, and most people doubt I have any "problems" but as they get better acquainted, they realize "Hm.  Something, here, is off."  I see it in their eyes when I make an off the wall comment.  I try not to, I try to be relevant and appropriate, but a lot of times people just LOOK at me after I say something and I go, OH.  I did it again. 

Some people get angry at me; because I express myself fairly well in this context, they assume I am fine and just whining.  Of they don't like the way I say what I do. 

Recently I have had people getting upset at me because I chose not to have kids.  I think, you should be thanking God I never had kids! 

1.  Would be born blind, due to Ron's genetics. 
2.  Strongly possible Deaf, too, due to Ron's genetic nerve deafness - he has a couple of deaf cousins and can't hear me unless we are in the same, small, room - and I'm facing him.  I have to "point" my mouth at his ear. 
3.  Mental illness.  Mine is more severe than my mother's, I assume it would be far worse in my child. 
4.  I am a carrier for Bubble Boy syndrome.  That's very bad news, and very expensive to treat.  Even if the taxpayers picked it up, which you would, it is incurable except with a bone marrow transplant and anti-rejection drugs for the kid's whole life.  Also expensive and difficult. 
5.  I am not fit to be a parent!  I can't say it any clearer!  Regulars know why! 
6.  Neither is Ron!  And if you're a regular, you KNOW why. 
7.  We are low income, we don't drive, etc. 
8.  The world is a sick and evil place. 

I am sure, if, God wanted me pregnant, it would have happened.  The God who created the universe could certainly make it happen.  And it never did, so I safely conclude it was NOT GOD'S WILL. 

But the people, we'll call them the "judgers" - don't want to hear that.  They want to tell me how to live my reproductive life and I just think, "What gives you the right to judge me?" 

Nothing! 

You don't have the right to judge me, only God can do that! 

I know I am living a life pleasing to God; and I'm working on becoming MORE pleasing to God every day of my life.  That is my #1 goal, above and beyond ANYTHING else I accomplish during my "life".   Anything else is just a step on the road to "Pleasing God". 

Besides, whenever I ask the "judgers" if they will adopt my severely disabled and EXPENSIVE baby, suddenly they stop talking.  So, they want me to to do something they won't!  Let's add "hypocrite" to "judger". 

Really, I would think anyone who pays taxes, would be delighted to know that because I married a sterile (by choice) man, we have saved the taxpayers at least a million dollars. 

Like the commercial says, you don't like money? 

No comments: