Sunday, December 4, 2011

You're getting in the truck

I've been hearing a lot about the purported "FEMA" camps, online.  Message boards and facebook.  I thought, I'd better share my perspective. 

First, lets take a trip back in time; my early teen years.  I love reading biographies, adore them.  I really enjoy the "overcoming adversity" ones, so I've read a fair amount on WW2 survivor accounts; The Hiding Place, etc. 

Part of my illness includes delusions and some persecution issues.  I have always been convinced, on a deep and unreachable, level, that one day THEY will come to get me and put me into some kind of concentration camp.  I'd obsess about it. 

Happily, my medication pretty much got rid of it.  I mentioned this and got some odd comments about "telling the 6 million Jews to take medication".  I didn't say that.  For one, I think it is incredibly insulting to WW2 Jews, to compare them to yourself today.  They endured horrific persecution and discrimination, before being put into camps, starved, worked like slaves, and murdered. 

And what?  You think - you MIGHT get put into some kind of camp because you have conservative views, read something online, and say you're Christian?   Hm.  Sounds more like a medication issue. 

I don't think I would need to alliterate all the reasons; but a few: "we" are not a cultural group, persecuted for milennia.  No laws have been passed forcing us to register, wear yellow stars, restricting our faith, etc.  I will also refer you to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and the fact I have the right to write this blog and publish it to all readers.  I think it's "premature", at best, to start anticipating lockup in camps. 

But, you might say, what if they do exist?  What if "They" really ARE plotting to lock "us" up? 

What are you going to do about it? 

Really, what?  If someone shows up with an automatic weapon, pointed at you, ready and willing to shoot, and says "Get in the truck", what can you do?  You would have to comply, or die. 

And, as I mentioned on a message board, anything else would probably be considered terrorism.  It's not like you could "shut down" a camp, "expose", it, or whatever.  Say you have a gun, somone shows up, several someones show up, with bigger guns.  They are pointed at your children.  Yeah, sure, you're going to shoot, and kill your loved ones. 

No, you're getting in the truck. 

Now, that's just the secular side of things. 

Let's examine the faith issue.  The Bible DOES say, in the last days, some of us will be persecuted for our faith.  However, I think that goes more to the Iranian Christian who'd be executed, for converting from Islam.  Women raped, tortured, and murdered for their faith in Africa, for refusing to convert.  Believers in Indonedia, kidnapped and "married" to Muslim captors. 

Again, I think it is incredibly insulting for Americans to compare ourselves to these people, and say we're equal.  No, they have suffered far more than we have, and will have a greater reward in Heaven.   We like to complain, but haven't had anything even RESEMBLING persecution. 

No one is going to lock me up for handing out Bibles.  I have First Amendment rights protecting me.  Even if they did outlaw Bible distribution, I'd find a way to do it.  I'd share Jesus with everyone I met (I hope I do that now), and be a light in the darkness.... assuming that moment arrives before the rapture (which I doubt). 

In China, believers are frequently imprisoned and "deprogrammed" - torture, sleep deprivation, and worse.  And where, I ask, is this happening in America?  That's right - NOWHERE. 

So shut up already.  You're an embarrassment, and most likely in need of medication. 

No comments: