Monday, December 5, 2011

Two migraines, a pointsettia, and some cheesy bread

Boy, I'm tired. 

I'm not sure if I'm fighting something off, "just" depressed, properly medicated ("fatigue" is listed on all my medication side effects), or a combination, but I'm exhausted. 

Happily, we got some rain this weekend.  Before it hit, I got some good garden time.  While this week promises to have lows in the 30's, and generally miserable daytime weather, I have a nice warm house.  I brought the lettuce planters in for a nice vacation.  I have plant lights. 

Saturday I was a pretty depressed mess. Dad always used to say "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" and I figured that also applied to my blog. I also had a vicious headache that wanted to be a migraine. My aunt, and my niece, both swear a cold front storm system is always "good" for a migraine.



Yesterday, before the rain, we ordered some pizza and cheesy bread from Dominoes.  When we lived in "Cracktown", Dominoes was the only pizza who'd deliver.  Of course, we had to meet the deliveryman at the gate, but at least we got pizza.  I had seen the ads for the cheesy bread and decided to try it. 

Boy, it was good.  It was insanely cheesy and so good I hardly ate any pizza (at that meal).  Way to go, Dominoes.  That was Sunday. 

Ron was having a lot of neuropathy troubles with his right foot (we have a call in to his doctor), he didn't get much sleep this weekend and inadvertently kept waking me up last night.  We both got a pretty good nap when we got home, after work. 

I got my second migraine,  this morning.  I slept really poorly and finally went ahead and took my Excedrin at 3 AM.  If I have a migraine and I take Excedrin, I will go to sleep.  If it's a regular headache, I wake up.  Sadly, I had to get up at 5 for work.   By the time I got up, the worst of the pain had retreated.  I was able to go to work and get everything accomplished. 

Oh, and on my way into work, I was given a pointsettia plant.  It's over next to the lettuce, under the plant lights. 

No comments: