Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Whatever happened to soffit?

Oh, I'm beat. 

Something has been waking me up in the middle of the night, now and then, for a while.  I couldn't determine what though, and blamed the dog that lives behind us. 

I gradually realized something was scrabbling around in the attic at night.  It was very bad on Monday night, and woke me up.  As I lay awake in bed, a thunderstorm rolled in.  My neighbor had put a bucket right under the corner of my house, at the eaves, and I had to endure a very loud DRIP DRIP DRIP. 

I got up at 2 AM.  Got a lot done, then went to work.  Worked, came home.  Talked to Ron about the problem, worked up our nerve, and went into the attic.  Whatever it is, doesn't sleep in the attic during the day, so I can put up vent covers to keep them out.  Good.  Ron went up into the attic and changed the light bulb, and put a small radio turned to the news station.  It worked.  Nothing last night. 

When the neighbor's wife left to run an errand, I went over into the yard and found the bucket.  I moved it a few inches.  We are a zero property line boundary.  Anyway, it's been moved.  I can certainly move it again, or mention it to the neighbor.  Considering he has two toddlers and an infant, I doubt he wants a bucket of water on his property, anyway. 

Last night I slept great, but woke up with a migraine.  Booo. 

I managed to get to Home Depot with Ron, and bought some "undereave vent covers".  What ever happened to soffit?   They mean the same thing. 

So, we got the screens, got the nails for them - Ron says I can just nail them in place, and I have never known him to be wrong on a carpentry issue.  He actually built a lot of furniture for me, 3 cat condos, 2 gates, a bedside table, microwave stand, and bookcase from scratch; and assembled 2 couches, a rocking chair, a kitchen table and chairs, a treadmill (sold before we moved from CA), a bed, 2 dressers, and a wall of bookcases.  I'll trust him on the fasteners! 

He always planned it out in his head, then went to the store and had the wood cut to his specifications.  Then he would assemble it, and it was always very rugged.  The only problem we had with the gate, was the large young man next door climbing on it. 

I felt pretty dreadful, and went to bed.  Ron made me an ice bag, which helped, and I took a phenergan and beat out the nausea before it showed.  The phenergan also helps me sleep. 

I woke up around 5, in terrible pain.  Took some excedrin - which makes a total of 3 lithium-elevating drugs in my system.  It's good to know these things. 

I ate some pasta.  I know, not low carb, but I kept it down.  I put some olive oil and butter on it, and it digested well.  I was really craving salt, and ate quite a bit.  My medication makes my body lose salt.  I could get really sick if I didn't replace it. 

Finally felt well enough to get online, and here I am. 

Tomorrow we go to Walmart. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you mentioned soffit, as I just learned that name for it the other day!
Hey- I thought it would be cute for you and Ron to do a Christmas video together. Perhaps a sing-along? Just a thought, but I like when you guys are kind of a comedy team. :)

Heidi said...

Merry Christmas Heather!
oooxxx