Sunday, September 14, 2014

Help this migraine!

"Lord" I begged a few days ago, while lying in bed "Please help this migraine."

I had a thought.  Help it what?  

I had to laugh at the image of praying to make the migraine stronger.  I thought it was very funny at the time.

Tonight I told Ron "Dad's praying for your neuropathy"  I started laughing at the thought of Dad praying for worsening neuropathy and explained myself to Ron.  He laughed too.

Maybe it's our own special weirdness.  

Today was pretty quiet.  We went to Walmart and came home, then we went to Carl's Jr and home.  I took a nap.

Things look to be getting very busy at work soon, so I'm trying to rest up and take care of myself.   Am I worried?  No.

We had about this amount of customers before, 13 years ago.  We managed that and a full time deli on top.  Now we're "just" vending which keeps us plenty busy.  Worst case we can hire a part time, driving, helper.

Ideally, if we did that, I would hire someone with a disability. 

I haven't heard anything from Austin (our management) about the request for a new deli, so I assume the answer is no.  At any rate, God let me know the fix is in.  I just need to trust.  I need to disavow worry.  I'm doing that.

While at Walmart, I bought Ron socks.  He likes them.  I got some cotton blend crew socks, and some thicker cushion crews.  All black.

Ron once went to his chiropractor wearing one blue sock and one black sock.  The doctor never let me forget it.

If Ron looks bad it reflects on me, I told him, as a "bad caregiver".  It's also a "bad wife" issue too.  So, I asked, could he please let me get him some new socks?

In that context, he was delighted to oblige.  Dad thought it was a little manipulative.  I don't think so.  It's true.

As it gets colder I need to get him some nice wool socks.  He had some last year but they were getting holey.  He loved them, so I know he'll enjoy them.

I don't mind spending money on someone if they're going to enjoy it.  Ron always pays me back, anyway.

I suspect one of my love languages is gift giving.  I love to give things to people.

I don't care so much about getting things, unless it's Bibles for handout, in which case you're going to see some real excitement!   I mentioned this on my wall in case anyone wanted to get me a birthday present.

I don't need to ask for Bibles.  God has always provided.  I've gotten down to giving away a personal Bible, which I don't regret one bit, but I've never been "out" of Bibles.

But!  If someone wanted to get me a present, I'd most enjoy some Bibles.  :)  That's all.

I'll stop there lest I sound "ungrateful".

I don't really see a need to surround myself with things.  Like I told Dad "I love my $20 titanium wedding ring.  Anyone can see it is not pawnable."  He laughed.

[admiring my ring]

I am thinking about getting a webcam so I can do video blogs again.

Full color - that sounds inappropriate.  I hope you understand.

I am pretty medicated today.

Torbie has been sleeping with me.  I'm still depressed but not horribly so.




No comments: