Saturday, February 20, 2010

Prayers for me and Ron

I've been busy. Recently I took a day off and stayed home. I felt God wanted more of me, and spent some time in prayer and Bible study. At one point in the day, I found myself with a notebook in hand, pen in the other, writing down prayer requests. I feel the Holy Spirit led me to put them down, so I can ask God for my list.

Here's the list for me and Ron; I pray for many different people, but here's the list of requests for myself and my husband:
  1. Deliver us from hidden faults (items 1-3 are all out of Psalm 19).
  2. Deliver us from willful sins (like gossip!); so the sins don't rule us.
  3. Give us gracious speech and pleasing thoughts to You.
  4. Help us to find rest in You. Our hope comes from You; remind us we can't be shaken when we're in Your will. (Psalm 62)
  5. Keep us from gossip and judging others.
  6. Teach us Your will.
  7. Help us to be forgiving of those who have hurt us. I pray for both the people we have hurt, and the people who have hurt us. All of them. I ask God to fill us with His spirit of forgiveness, because we can't forgive them; I know that. But God's love working in us can work wonders!
  8. Thanks for our daily bread, and ask for continued provision of same!
  9. Thanks for enjoyable work.
  10. Keep us humble and obedient, with servants' hearts.
  11. Put Your thoughts in our heads, Your words in our mouths, and Your love in our hearts.
  12. Help us to keep a good testimony, and lead us to people who need to hear it!
  13. Make us as wise as serpents.
  14. Don't allow anything to separate us; together we are a mighty force.
  15. Many of our needs fall under other prayer categories, so I don't worry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christ centered marriages are the greatest! Mom and I pray for you both every day.

Heather Knits said...

Thanks, Dad! We'll take them! (((hugs)))