Friday, February 26, 2010

Delivery day

Today was a long day. I got up at 2:45, did my Bible study and prayer time, got ready, and off to work. I mentioned before that I'd made some flax bread, forgetting to add the sweetener! Well, it was OK, but I wasn't in a hurry to eat it.

Yesterday, I got some of the whipped cream cheese in the tub. I put that on the bread, and WOW. Suddenly I have a gourmet treat! So good! My new jeans are getting baggy, and I keep getting compliments, so I'm definitely on the right track!

It's actually pretty funny; I was willing to tolerate horrible side effects to manage my illness. I didn't care if I went bald, puked all day, and gained 100 pounds, if I could just stop the noise and demons in my head! Well, I've got the illness well-managed, and I'm getting some fun side effects: the antipsychotic has given me a bigger chest, and now the antidepressant is accelerating my weight loss! Thinner and more buxom. Let me cry for a minute. I will need at least 3 pages of complaining to deal with this! Thank you, God!

It's fun for me, because today is the 2 year anniversary of my restart on Atkins. As of this morning, I am 62.5 pounds lighter, and almost a foot gone off both my waist and hips. My size 12 jeans are getting baggy in the butt. I could very nearly pull them off without unfastening!

So, after my Jesus time, I got dressed in a Jesus t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. I think I can wait on the new shoes. My feet only got sore when I had been walking and standing for 5 hours straight - completely understandable! I ate a couple slices of flax bread with cream cheese. It did a good job of holding the medication and filling me up without making me queasy.

I brought a precooked sausage patty, which I ate hours later at work. We had planned to be at work until 9, but the deliveries were late. I asked Ron to reset our pickup, if possible, and he did. We had surprisingly good trips even after he did that. I had brought about 5 or so "regular' NKJV paperback Bibles, a Spanish Bible, and a couple of New Testaments. I had a good stash at work; still do. I always ask for God's protection and blessing on that.

I handed out one Bible on the way to work, one to a delivery guy, the Spanish on the way home, and one more on the way from Burger King. Everyone got driver candy (with a tract). I need to do a post on driver candy. One of the last questions asked on my blog was re: driver candy.

We got to work, and I did a soda inventory for Ron. Then I filled up a couple of machines. Lots of "What's this Heather?" and ducking the blind menace as he roared towards me in his wheelchair! [laugh] He could really kneecap me if I wasn't on my toes! I did lots of productive stuff, until we got the deliveries. Then I took all the junk food off the pallet, onto the handcart, and into the machines! That's what you call, a Just-In-Time inventory!

I didn't get to do some of the cookies, but we're going in tomorrow. I'll get 'em then. I never mind going in if we need to fill the machines. I love filling the machines, it means people are buying! A machine that needs filling means job security.

So, we got home just in time to catch our ride to Burger King. I had my "Heather-burger". This is what I order: 2 double cheeseburgers, plain, ADD bacon, add BBQ sauce. Then I take the buns off and mash the cheesy bacon BBQ goodness together, and eat it, in the wrapper. Yum. It only costs $3.20. Then I got a side salad (about 1.5 cups of salad, and a very nice low carb dressing), for my veggies. A large drink and I am happy for about $6. I love that.

I told Ron, no steakhouse meal could compete! Yum, yum, yum. We had to wait a while on our pickup, but the driver was nice and said thank you to the Bible. Many drivers tell me they pass them on... it will be interesting to see the journeys some have had!

Then we came home. The neighbor dad apologized for his kid, and I said, I don't mind if you or your older boy come and get a lost ball, but for obvious reasons I don't want small children in the yard. He agreed. I think the Dad's relieved that I didn't call the homeowner (they rent) and junior didn't do any more damage to the fence. A wood fence is NOT cheap.

I did look around in the sideyard and found tons of kiddie junk and threw it back over the fence. It's there if they want it now. I checked the mail, got a fun newsletter, and went back in the house.

I had some energy, but I knew I needed my rest. I thought, get it over with.

Because - Ron had to do the books and close out the month! That meant I had to read all the vending machine sales onto tape for him at work (did that pretty much first thing) and read him every receipt in the envelope. I was tired. I was slightly cranky. Ron was happy to get rid of me when we finished.

I laid down for my nap, it was quiet. It was sunny. So much for the rain!

Mr Bubba cat (the black cat) was loafing on his part of the bed. I stretched out and bam I was out. The nice thing about my new medication cocktail; if I need a nap, an hour does it. I wake up really ready to go. On the Lexapro, I felt like I could never, ever, get enough sleep. I was pretty mentally fogged up, too.

Ron and I talked about going in tomorrow. He may/may not drop me somewhere and come home by himself. I would like to go out, not sure where... I could use a little time out and about - especially since it looks to be nice. Do I need anything? No.

But I like having the option, if I want to go out. We have a stop on the main drag street, before he goes home after work.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HEATHER!! You have to be so proud of yourself for losing 62.5 lbs.!! GREAT JOB!!

By the way in case you don't recognize me, I'm snowman, don't think you knew my name and didn't want to confuse you! LOL

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Anonymous said...

I am going to try a Heather Burger! That sounds good!

Heather Knits said...

Oh, the burgers are delicious. I told Ron I'd rather eat one, than go to a steakhouse!

I'm glad to see you, Snow! I wanted everyone to know I was OK.

Funny - I had the premonition. I'm glad I only "lost" the other blog.