Thursday, May 1, 2008

Why suffer if I don't have to?

I hate the depressions more than anything. It affects everything in my life, from my food choices to my performance at work. Ron can always tell when I'm having a bad depression day; it makes him almost frantic to help. I hate knowing that my illness is hurting him, too.

When I was depressed today I tried to soldier on through, but it was bad enough that I took an extra pill today. It helped, but not as much as I would have liked.

I had been playing with the idea of getting some supplements, so after work, I did. I don't have my Dr Atkins Vita-Nutrient Solution but I was certain that all of these would help with the depression AND the weight loss, too.
B-50 complex - that always seems to help with the depressions
Co-Q10, 50 milligrams - I don't know why I thought it would help, but I was sure I needed it
400 Mg Acetyl L-Carnitine with 200 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid

I also got some Antioxidants and a generic brand "Women's" Multivitamin. I took the first three after I was done shopping. It's horrible to be depressed at Walmart. Absolutely horrible.

I ate a small meal (2 small hamburger patties, cheese stick, bacon) and took the supplements. Ron and I went outside and waited for our ride, which arrived about 10 minutes later. By the time we got home (another 10 minutes), I felt absolutely fine. I felt 100% my normal, happy self.

I've tried caffeine and depression - bad combo. I've done over the counter diet pills and caffeine, bad combo. Even the Lithium and the depression - well, the Lithium keeps the "Wanting to hurt myself" at bay but I still feel miserable.

But THIS. Wow. It was literally miraculous. I am thrilled. The only thing that makes me happier than knowing my experiment worked is the fact that I have at least 29 more of each capsule! They were very affordable at Walmart, I spent $30 for everything, including some heavy whipping cream for me, and canned cat food.

Ron noticed almost as quickly as I did. He was so happy. He hates watching me suffer.

Thank God. I found something that can help me even more.

Why suffer if I don't have to?

No comments: