Friday, May 30, 2008

Freaky Friday

Oh, today. Today today today.

Today, Ron awoke in agonizing pain. He could barely walk. He could not bend over. He cannot lift. He's already blind and partially paralyzed on one side. He was in a BAD mood and I had to endure it.

We need a tragic little figure playing a violin so I can demonstrate I'm having a pity party. We got up at 3. He made me breakfast, very nice. We rode around for an hour on our paratransit, picking up someone else. We got to work. He could hardly get out of the van. I wished we'd brought the wheelchair. We got into the stockroom. He tries to move a few cases of soda, drops a 6-pack of RC Cola on the floor, and I'm looking at 6 little gysers, shooting up soda all over. I had to grab them and throw them into the sink. Then, mop the floor at 5 AM.

I decided to adopt a cheerful attitude. I'm a Christian and the Bible says to do your work as though you're serving God, not Man. God will reward you as a result. So, I decided I was lucky to mop up soda and did a fantastic job (mop the soda, rinse, Mr. Clean, air dry). I could eat off that floor.

At the end, I was told our delivery was here. I ran outside to view an unholy mating of my products with someone else's. We had no bottled water. In summer, we have no bottled water. They sent a box of "I'll never sell" cookies with the pick label for the $120 ground coffee for the vending machine. Obviously, not acceptable. The poor driver had to separate every item and stack all my stuff on it's own pallet. Then, it was off to the freezer section to play find the lemon pound cakes. He found them. Good. Ron likes to smuggle them into Starbucks.

I filled out the proper paperwork and sent the pallet off to the stockroom (they don't let me drive a pallet jack). I ran back and unloaded the stuff I needed onto my "snack wagon" - a rolling cart with about a dozen cases of chips.

The snack wagon rolled through, filling empty coils everywhere. After I finished, Ron needed help with some lifting. I did that. Then it was setting the coin counter. Meter readings - every single machine tells you it's total sales. I had to read them onto tape. The "pull" counting all the money and bundling it. Lastly, taking all the coins out of the vending machines and putting them into buckets. I got hungry in there and ate 2 pieces of bacon Ron had made for me earlier.

Finally, time to go. Our ride was basically on time, but we were going to the bank. We went to the bank and did our business. Our ride arrived even before we finished, very nice. I hate waiting, but I'm good at it.

Now, Cracker Barrel. We got there 2 hours before the pickup. We ate, we dawdled outside. We got our ride. I was very tired because I had taken my noon dose of 2 lithium tablets.

We rode around for almost an hour. I was so ready to go home and sleep. I got home, opened the door, went to the bedroom, and realized one of my cats had vomited in the bed. I had to strip it down to the mattress pad. It took me a while to get it stripped and remade. Then I got the offending bedding into the washer. Thank GOD I have a washer and dryer, and extra bedding. Thankfully, the vomit was the only "gift".

In the meantime, both the cats were begging. I knew one of them was my offender and yelled at them. Frosty forgave me and got into bed with me anyway.

I slept until I had nightmares, then I got up. Later on, today will be "Bench Press day". I will alternate sets of Bench Presses with lateral pulldowns and bent-over rows.

I already got over 10 thousand steps so I know I'm good in the cardio department.

What a day. It could only happen to me.

Tomorrow, we compromised: I go for my run, shower, and THEN we go to Sam's club to buy water, then work where I'll be the designated beast of burden. I will do all the lifting and bending-over stocking. He wants fried chicken (can't argue with the bad back), so we'll get dropped off there. I get a bunless burger at the Burger King nearby and maybe hit the dollar store. Then home and we get Sunday off.

Monday he sees his doctor about his back. I think he will be OK if he takes it easy.

No comments: