Saturday, May 24, 2008

I've been neglecting you

I've been neglecting you but I intend to remedy that. I have today off, not much work tomorrow, and the promise of Monday off too.

So, some developments:
Tuesday morning I got up very early to run. 5-something is very early for me. I dressed, drank my water, got my cell phone and left. As I was walking to the park (my warm up) I noticed my neck felt very tight and uncomfortable. The neckline of my running top was binding very uncomfortably. I felt the neckline and realized I'd put the shirt on backwards. I ran anyway. I'm more careful checking my top when I put it on now!

I ran 3 times this week, did weight workouts 3 times, and used the exercise bike once. That's ideal. I plan to keep doing that.

When I run, I leave the house around sunrise. The weather is tolerable and it's quiet and safe.

I noticed my thighs are firmer and nicer looking. I've been happy with my lower legs for a while but I really noticed the thighs recently. Yay!

I'm wearing a size 16/18 elastic waist cotton blend shorts. I haven't been able to wear them due to an annoying panty line issue. Today, no panty line is visible. They fit perfectly, nice and relaxed. I've lost at least half an inch off my butt since I last posted, planting me pretty solidly into the size 18 range.

I'm a little bloated from PMS but that always resolves when my period starts, which should be within a few days. I'll lose water weight and bloat. Yay! Asprin really works well for the cramps, too.

I got the most delicious whey protien powders recently from ON nutrition. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html Look at all the yummy flavors! I got the 16 flavor sample pack. The mocha flavor was so good I ordered a 1-pound jar as soon as I had the money. I also ordered my sister a sample pack too. They are low carb. Yum! They taste so decadent.

My hair is getting aggravating in the heat. I've begun braiding it (just a plain boring braid - not french or anything). It works well. Today, I had it in a ponytail during my run and loose hairs were coming off and getting stuck on my sweat-soaked skin. Then they itched. Yuck. The braid gives my back and neck some air.

We've had recordbreaking heat recently and high humidity. I've begun lugging a water bottle everywhere I go.

It's sunny right now. I'm listening to a fool doing yardwork in this heat, sun, and humidity. Sounds like a good way to get heatstroke!

Bubba cat brought home a dead gift for Ron on 2 different days. Ron is not pleased. It's a good thing we love Bubba. His pet door priviledges are being restricted.

That's it for now! You take care!

No comments: