Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The hair question

This is the first time I've engaged in a serious weight loss program while I had long hair. By the way, I'm down to 201.5 today. I have high hopes of being in the 100's by this time next week.

Before, I had short hair, I could wash and dry it easily. A small dab of shampoo and a rub with a towel, and I'm done. Nowadays, it's not so easy. My waist-length hair requires brushing, shampooing, conditioning, and deep conditioning. It takes FOREVER to dry. Normally, I wash it every other day.

It's getting to the point where I'm planning my workouts around my showering schedule so I don't end up washing my hair twice! Today's a good example: I had to wash my hair this morning. I had planned to lift some weights, then shower, then get ready for work. I slept poorly and it didn't work out that way. I was lucky to shower and get ready for work.

I did my weights this afternoon. While I was working out, lying on my bench doing bench presses, I lay on my hair. When I got up, it was dripping with sweat. YUCK! Then it kept slapping me as I did other exercises.

I'm going to try braiding it. That might help. I might even try something like a shower cap, no one can see me when I'm in the garage working out. If it works, it works. I may have to improvise a way to pin it up out of the way so I can lift weights (which requires moving around a lot) without my hair falling in my face. My other attempts have not been promising.

I'll probably just end up washing my hair a whole lot more. I'd rather pay for shampoo and conditioner than be fat.

Sometimes, if I didn't know it would devastate my husband, I think I'd just cut it off like I used to have it. I won't, though. He loves it.

No comments: