Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"You don't want me to open the door, I've got the flu"

I had a couple people come by the house yesterday, not counting the drivers who took Ron to Starbucks and the vet. Well, took Ron and Bubba to the vet.

The first ding-dong was a happy one. A large box on my doorstep! What could it be? I waited until the deliveryman was halfway to his truck before I opened the door and said Thank You. Yay! Walton's dehydrated food! 4 meals - just add boiling water and cook, and a side of dehydrated egg, one applesauce - even opened it can keep on the shelf for years. Now I have a couple extra weeks' worth of food in my disaster kit. Ron's happy with the food choices, he says he'd happily eat them (except egg powder and applesauce). Good.

The second time, I opened the blinds. I look like crap. I look sick. The salesman waved at me though the glass and said hello. I said "I don't want to give you my flu". He jumped back, and thanked me repeatedly as he left.

Hey, he's got it a lot tougher than I do. I just want to whine! Huh. This is the first time I've been really sick After Medication. I had a couple of family crises (see October) and plenty of migraines but this is the first time I've actually been "sick" since starting my medication. It's going to be interesting to see how differently I behave.

I was not a nice person before.

No comments: