Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gack

I'm proud of the fact that I have my "Cold and Flu" kit at home. I love that it was stocked with cough drops, remedies, OTC treatments, and tissues. I just wish I had it all in one place.

Yesterday, I found my bottle of Glutamine in a box with some other supplements. It's very effective when taken in the early stages (Dr Atkins was a huge proponent) of your cold/flu virus. Sambucol is awesome too. I did have the Sambucol. Mine has pretty much come and gone, except for the aggravating postnasal drip and the "drip cough".

The Glutamine wouldn't really work for me, but Ron's just getting the sore throat. He sounds a little rough and sniffly today but he's not what I'd call "sick". We asked Chuck to help us get a bottle of Olive Leaf (the best remedy ever), so Ron's taking Vitamin C, Glutamine, and Olive Leaf. I'm taking Olive Leaf, licorice root tea, Vitamin C, multivitamin, and eating more garlic. Plus my mood stabilizers. No wonder I hated getting sick before. Ugh. Bipolar with psychotic features is bad enough, but imagine it with a fever! Poor baby!

Thankfully those days are behind me. I'd get the flu every month before I'd go back to that.

Bubba was a sweet baby. He slept next to me last night. I sure love that cat.

I also found some more cough drops in a box on the kitchen table. I don't know how it works for you, but if something is around long enough, I don't "see" it anymore. I kept passing it up, until I sat down and actually looked at it. It's part of what makes me so disorganized. Anyway, it had cough drops (sugarfree) and zinc lozenges (ew!). The zinc might have helped me ....

Ron called me away to watch Turkey Bowling on TV. He's got a good idea of the things I like. I don't want to watch the noon news but that's OK. King of the Hill is on. Ron even likes it. I've seen this episode before so I can type and listen.

I decided to "try" one of my zinc lozenges. Ugh. Cherry flavored metal. Yum, yum. Ugh. I sorted out all my red cough drops and stuck them in my purse to give away (if we're riding with someone who's coughing, I can give them a cherry cough drop), then I collated all my other cough drops. I've got a bag by my bed, a bag on the table, and a bag in my purse.

Gack. These zinc things are awful.

Now I've got all my cold and flu remedies in one place. I don't want to get sick again, but I love the feeling of "I've already prepared for this, just open the box for remedies." Kind of like my disaster kit.

I couldn't take it any more. I spit out the zinc thing.

No comments: