Friday, November 16, 2007

Bubba loves me

My cat loves us so much. This morning I discovered a large, dead mouse on the floor by his food bowl.

I thanked him. Screaming and yelling won't work. Do I really want a live mouse around my home anyway? Do I want a dead mouse decaying under a bed? No. If I have to have it, I'd rather a dead rodent in an obvious location.

So I thanked Bubba for killing it and leaving it out for us to find. The construction nearby is really cranking up his kills. All the little creatures are being driven into our subdivision. He's gotten about 6-8 mice and two rats that I know of.

I don't care much if it's dead and in an obvious place, so I'm using Dale Carnagie and praising the behavior I appreciate. I'm glad Ron does the "Man Job" of disposing of the poor dead creature.

Eeek.

No comments: