Saturday, November 10, 2007

"I want some garlic butt"

After dealing with Mr. Safety, my day wasn't over yet. Our ride could have been there at 10:50, supposed to be there at 11:07, didn't get there until well after 12.

There's nothing quite like the experience of watching my ride slowly coasting up and down the street, obviously looking for their client. I get out and do my "Taxi! Taxi!" style semaphore wave, and watch dispiritidly as the vehicle I just know is my ride home coasts right on by.

Sometimes, they're that dumb. They can't understand the directions. "Third driveway from X street and Y road." Seems obvious to me. I'm obvious, for God's sakes. But they don't see me and they drive on by.

This happened for about half an hour. I got bit by a fireant. I had idiots who slowed down, thinking I was waving at them. Yeah, that's why I'm not looking at you, stupid. Get out of my line of sight! Ugh. Sadly, that one happens a LOT. I can't believe people like that are driving around. I'm smart enough to know I belong in the metaphorical passenger seat. They don't.

The impregnator is next door. He has a loud stereo and a flashy car. His "girl" runs out of the house, clad in less than a bandana. He just honks at the house and cranks his stereo. She runs out wearing barely anything and jumps in the car. That's why I call him the impregnator. That's all he's interested in. He comes by every week.

If I'm dating a guy, he's got to at least knock on my door. Show some respect! But she allows him to treat her that way. When she gets pregnant, he'll run off. Hence my name for him. Ron says "If he can't build it, he can't play it." I like it.

So, the hysterical cab driver finally finds us. He's almost in tears. I have to calm him down and give very careful directions, literally "Drive to the corner." When we get to the corner "Turn left". We got home and the driver left thinking we're nice people. He sure liked his candy.

We got home. I told Ron, "I'm hungry, let's order that pizza you promised. I want some garlic butt, too." Bread goes right to my butt. Hence the name.

I tried to take a nap after I ate, but was foiled. As I told Ron "It's a happy, screaming herd of children on a bouncy thing. I could sleep until Mr. Homeowner got out the leaf blower." So much for that. I still hear happy screams coming from next door. I'm not a curmudgon, I'm glad they have a loving family. I'm thanking God it didn't happen tomorrow night, when I need to be asleep at 7 PM. EEK.

I did some research. Tomorrow I'm going to play with my instant indigo dye crystals and some homespun yarn. I plan to use 1 t for 1 gallon. I'm overdying some cream/gray/tan wool, and a skein of cream Corriedale.

Hm. If the neighbors have a herd of children visiting, do I have a pride of cats? I like the concept. Do 2 domestic shorthairs count as a pride?

I'll update on the indigo tomorrow after I finish.

No comments: