Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm at the cranky stage

I'm at the cranky stage of my cold/flu whatever virus. I just mainly have the postnasal drip and the cough, cough COUGH as a result of said drip. Horrible, dry hacking coughs.

I took my Mucinex, drinking buckets of herbal tea, and resting. I'm cranky. I actually miss work. Ron took one listen to me this morning and said I was staying home. I may not be contaigious, but I sure sound that way. Tomorrow I have to go in regardless; so I'm resting up.

Bubba sprouted an odd-looking lump on his side over the weekend. Ron and I were worried about him, so Ron took him to the vet. She's a great vet who talks to the cats while she treats them. She has cats of her own. It's a one-vet practice so I didn't go. I didn't want to get her sick. Ron took a cab each way and they were fast, cheap trips. The cab drivers helped him get into and out of the vehicles (not easy when you're carrying a heavy house cat in a carrier).

Turns out Bubba had an abcess, probably obtained during a cat fight. Him's a naughty boy, yes he is. The only other time we needed a vet to look at him was due to a wasp sting above his eye. It was pretty spectacular. They shaved him, lanced him, drained him, and injected him with antibiotics. Ron asked for liquid antibiotics so I can dose him easily. Bubba was an incredibly brave boy and very well-mannered. He's asleep by my bed now. I'm glad he's OK. I sure love that animal.

I'm drinking licorice root tea. I'm also drinking hyssop and Mullein tea for the cough. Spiced teas to break up the congestion. Taking my lithium (apparently I can get away with taking Lithium + Vitamin C without nausea) and the other pills. I'm very proud of myself. No matter what happens during the day, I took my pills! I took care of myself and made sure my problems aren't everyone else's. That's the bottom line.

[cough cough]

UGH! I feel like CRAP! Nasty virus!

No comments: