Friday, November 23, 2007

Review: Texasprepares.org

I wanted to like it. I really did. I saw the ads on TV and I was filled with hope...

Texasprepares.org. Disaster prepardness website. For Texas. Don't be stupid, be ready. That's my motto, but you get the point. You know me, and if you don't I'm easy to know. Read my posts, I'm WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get). An opinionated woman.

I really commend the Department of Human Services. It's a wonderful idea. But it's incredibly clunky, cumbersome, and slow (for me on dialup). It takes over two minutes to load each page, each page has a checklist with maybe 8 or 9 items? Come on!

So far, I've had everything except the plastic sheeting, and I could use garbage bags in a pinch for that. Let's see if two cat carriers (one per animal) and 7 extra pounds of cat food is adequate. Yup, I even have the "current photo" - and Ron and I plan to have the boys microchipped as well.

CLUNKY
SLOW
BOOORING.

But it's not a total dud. It does get the information out there in a semi-useful fashion.

I give it a C. After all, I do need the plastic sheeting.

No comments: