Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Do you pay the mortgage?

I just sicced Ron on someone. Somehow, the sight of a blind man, wielding a long white cane like a sword, headed for their nice, shiny Stuck Up Vechicle bothers people, making them want to get out of his way.

After my last post, I got up to eat and take good old Big L(ithium). I saw someone parked at the foot of our driveway, blocking us in. We don't have a car, and I'm happy with that. We save buckets of money and we can afford to work part-time. But it's our driveway! Especially aggravating were the added facts that: 1. Plenty of room in front of our house and the other house they were waiting for, even room in their driveway. and 2. They saw me giving them "The Bad Eye" from my kitchen window for several minutes. They don't move? I don't want to pick a fight. I send Ron out there with the information and a question.

He walks out. It's obvious he wants to talk to them. They pretend they don't see him until he taps the wheel with his cane. All that nice shiny paint... a blind man. Bad combination.

They roll down the window and Ron asks a question. "Do you pay the mortgage?" The guy says no, because WE DO! "Well, then, you need to move. You're blocking my driveway."

"Oh, Oh-kay!" Then they move.

[rolleyes]

No comments: