Friday, April 25, 2014

Thank God I take my meds.

I didn't sleep well, and woke up in a vile mood.  I took my shower and did my God Time with Torbie.  We went to work. 

Our itinerary was as followed: warehouse, work, warehouse, Christian bookstore, home. Not so bad if you have a car.

If you have a car, and can drive. 

Let's just say I had 3 really awful rides, and 2 good ones.  One driver veered all over the road, constantly distracted.  I was about to say something to him when I got out.  Just a "I won't call in on you but you need to focus on your driving."   However, right as I thought that he slammed on the brakes in a timely manner, avoiding a collision.  So I just said thank you. 

One driver wore too much cologne, and had the vehicle freezing cold.  He kept complaining that 9K a month (he has a pension on top of the driving job) wasn't enough money for him.  I didn't even make 9K last year. 

The last driver (not in order) had truly bizarre ideas about 9/11 and Bible prophecy.  "It's why people need to read the Bible for themselves" I railed at Ron "Instead of letting people tell them about the Bible."

We saw the other vendors at work.  I went to get my cart and their guy started screaming at me, "Don't shut the door" ran in, and shoved the door open. 

I told him I needed to close the door partway, so I could get my cart!  I am only "allowed" 3 feet between the door and the wall!  I have to put my cart behind the door - I have to close the door partway to get it out. 

He kept going on about I'd lock myself in there.  I said I knew, I had to get my cart, Ron was waiting, and left.  [rolleyes] 

Later on, the other vendor's wife did her syrupy sweet southern thing with me "Oh, Heather, I'll show you where to put those microwaves."  I explained they were my microwaves, allocated for use in the cafeteria only, and she should take up the issue with our shared boss.  They got very rude and the other vendor started shouting at me. 

Don't treat me like an idiot.  Don't try to bully me.  Don't snoop in my area.  She could have only found those microwaves if she moved both my carts, and a wheelchair.  What is she doing going into my area like that?  I move the chair they store by my area, but that's it, and that's just so I can move my cart. 

I was PISSED.  Ron called our boss and explained.  The boss said I might have to give them up, I said that was fine, as long as Ron was taken off the inventory, and the boss told me to do it.  "I'm not going to let them bully me and steal my equipment" I told him indignantly. 

The boss is a very soothing personality.  "That won't happen."  I told him I'd be happy to surrender said equipment, if Ron is not responsible for it, and I'm told by the boss.  He said he'd get back to us, but he planned to let the other vendor calm down first.  The vendor of record is responsible for all repairs, that's why Ron will need to be taken off, and the other guy put on, before they take it - if they do. 

I have to say, the other vendor is completely unprofessional.  If he had these kind of tantrums in any other business environment, they'd fire him.  [rolleyes]  It's like working with a 6 foot toddler sometimes.

His wife isn't much better.  She's gotten pretty ugly lately, I guess that's just her response to the uncertainties.  I will say, for people who claim to be saved, they don't show many spiritual fruits. 

OK, done with the ugly.  Oh, and Ron yelled at me, but we were both really tired.  I just went outside for 10 minutes and let him calm down. 

So, work. I stocked what I'd brought, and put my leftovers in the stockroom.  The other vendors are complaining that 240 square feet isn't enough for them.  This is where I remind you I have, at best, 35 square feet.  They are complaining to management, which I think is very risky. 

Management went above and beyond to build us a stockroom at all.  It is the only stockroom at any Postal processing facility, in the nation.  And you're going to complain? 

When management comes by I always thank them and reassure them I am fine with my area (management was pissed when they saw what I'd been given).  I know they didn't have to do it, I tell them, and I really appreciate them.  I point at Ron in the wheelchair and let them know they're helping us make a living. 

I mean, to me, you just don't bite the hand that literally feeds you.  [shrug]  Do I have it wrong? 

Anyway, I'm not stupid.  I know the other vendors will try to take my racks if they don't see me storing inventory.  I'm bringing in more inventory, now that I can, and storing it on the racks.  I can't afford to lose them. 

We also plan to bring in bottled drinks - those will fill up the racks and make life a lot easier for us, too. 

I hate running out of inventory.  I want to have at least one of each, on hand.  Ideally, in addition to one of each, in the fridge unit. 

I also made a list of inventory I needed.  I paid a refund.  A lady had lost money, twice, on the oatmeal pies, which have been hanging up.  I had already moved them to a new coil so that won't happen again.  I explained I fixed the problem, gave her a oatmeal pie, and a refund.  I thanked her for her understanding and she walked away happy, but very surprised. 

I am passionate about customer service.  "If you're not walking away happy, then I'm in trouble." I told her.  "I want you to have a great experience every time."  She nodded, and walked off, unwrapping the pie. 

Good. 

We went back to the warehouse, and just got some canned soda.  We went to the Christian bookstore and stocked it.  We also had to do some light repairs.  I bought a paperback "Streams in the Desert" which I'm sure I'll give away. 

I went over to the import store, and got some more henna.  The good, "original", kind.  I also got 2 kinds of soap, sandalwood, and mogra.  Mogra is a jasmine like scent.  Lovely.  I also got an herbal facial powder.  I mix it with water and use it to clean and exfoliate my skin. 

I will, of course, do an allergy test first.  Mom is in town, with her camera.  That would be an awful ending to the day! 

No comments: