Monday, April 21, 2014

Sleep well

I knew it would be an interesting day when I found myself sitting outside our locked stockroom, watching a postal worker pick the lock because no one had a key.  We had an inbound delivery, 2 pallets total split between 2 vendors. 

We got up very early, 2:30 AM for me.  I took my shower and did my God Time.  Sure glad I did because I'm exhausted.  I don't have much to give. 

I do try to give God "my best" so for me, it's first thing in the morning. 

We got to work (a good ride).  "You gave me Nutter Butters" the driver told me.  "The last time you rode with me!"  I'm glad to do it, when I can. 

We coudn't get into the stockroom.  A man with a very large key ring tried to let us in, to no avail.  Of course they installed the door lock without giving a key to the vendors or maintanance.  I rummaged around under my snack machines and stocked what I could (I'm keeping my surplus inventory there).  I cleaned the microwaves, which weren't that bad.   Ron read a talking book by Julie Garwood. 

Ron and I took the money out of the vending machines and did inventory.  About this time the guy showed up with the pick.  I found it a little disturbing.  He'd obviously had a lot of practice, but you can't find a jollier guy at work.  He got it open.  Thank God. 

Ron had arranged a 9 AM pickup.  Dr Pepper didn't show until almost 10.  The guy didn't have the good truck with the roll up door in the back.  He had the truck with multiple roll up doors on the side, which meant he had to offload each case (we had 34) onto a handcart or pallet, then roll it up a ramp, through the building, and to our stockroom.  You can bet we're calling in a compliment. 

I put up the drinks, and stocked quite a bit with Ron.  Then we left and went to the warehouse.  We had really good pickups from work today, thank God.  Everyone seemed to find us easily. 

We got some bottled drinks (almost out, and Dr Pepper doesn't sell these) and a combo Hershey candy pack.  I was out of Hersheys.  We came back to work, stocked the candy and more soda, put the bottled drinks in the fridge (we're working tomorrow), and chatted with the second in command.  He likes to call us by our last name, collectively.  He's not the only one, interestingly enough. 

Anyway, the whole day ran 12 hours from pickup to dropoff.  I am beat.  Even my butt hurts.  But we did it. 

I guess I was too busy to be depressed.  I'm cooking some fish sticks right now, and mac and cheese.  Ron's "watching" the news. 

I bet I sleep well tonight. 

Allegedly, we'll have a stockroom key tomorrow. 

No comments: