Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Managing

Well, I'm pretty freaked out about Ron's impending surgery but I'm taking care of myself. I went to the thrift store today, one of my favorite things. I have my tunes, and LOTS of batteries. I listened to them all day. The tunes, not the batteries.

I even found a cute black formal the day Mom suggested I get a formal dress. Yes! It fits perfectly. I have 2 of those magical underthings that flattens out all the bread dough, making me look 15 pounds slimmer. Combine the two and WOW. Ron would not be ashamed to be seen with me. Of course, I'll keep looking. For $4.50 I can afford to change my mind.

Even my wedding gown cost me $5.30. The zipper broke, not due to my weight, the day of my wedding. Poor Ron thought I changed my mind about marrying him! Dad had to reassure him.

I got some new tunes. What are my current favorites?
Cry no more - Holy Culture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR4YuABGOjU

Kill Me, Heal Me (thanks Marianne!) by Skillet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-Ibpl6W3M

Wake the Dead - Family Force 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iczww9xnRg

My Perogative - Britney Spears (not expected, huh?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euY4ES6b7Bw

Fanatics Raeggaton - 116 Clique (song starts at about minute 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwmmZvivMCM

That's it for now. I'm off to make some pumpkin pudding with whipped cream. Yum.

2 comments:

shyone said...

Heather good luck to you and Ron for tomorrow please know I know this sugery (I am a nurse) and it is wonderful he will be very glad he did it! and with your superior care he will have no choice to get better than ever! Your trip sounds wonderful. I lurk on the other board and have not posted in ages due to personal tragidy I think I mentioned before. But you are an absolute inspiration and just know you are helping a complete stranger when you as Zer says "make lemons into lemonade!"

I hope she is ok and she starts posting again

take care and I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow.

when I get my life a little more settled mentally. I will pm you on the board so you know who I am. Not that I think you will I stumbled on your posts one day when I was looking for conversation about depression. I am not bipolar but this tragidy put me in a deep state of hopelessness and through better living and chemicals (I agree with you as a nurse I hate that I can handle it attitude with folks that can't and dont handle it! you should write a book I swear you could really help tons of people with your insight into your own issues)
it is up to you if you want to post this. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and your husband tomorrow, and so happy you have a trip planned as a reward! how fun! how long is the cruise and where do you get to visit. I have been on one to the Bahamas and Alaska both were so much fun!

lots of low carb food on cruises!

Heather Knits said...

You're a sweetie! I'd love to have YOU taking care of Ron!

He did great today, and even ate one of my pork chops a little while ago.

((((hugs))) Hang in there! It'll get better!