Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pandemic

I need to keep this pretty short, I have to go to bed early tonight. I don't want to bump the Ron video, either. :)

The Health Department has declared a Public Health Emergency due to the "swine flu". Here's a link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6393102.html I'm inclined to feel it was more of an engineered virus, but we'll see.

People in Houston are already freaking out. Some are making increasingly hostile comments regarding the country to our south. "Those people are making us sick!" being the usual.

Sadly in most cases of pandemics, people show their worst. They devolve into racism and bigotry, blaming one group for the ills of the whole. Even the poor pig is being blamed, leading to international boycotts, even though cooked pork is completely safe to eat. That's OK. It'll lower the prices for me.

Hey, stupid. The guy you're mad at (my husband would say God, I'd say the freak who engineered this bug) is probably not Mexican! So can it already.

I ride with many drivers, some of whom are Mexican Nationals. If you eliminated all the immigrant drivers, you'd only have about a dozen drivers left. I wouldn't bite the hand that drove me to Walmart.

If I can find them, tomorrow I do plan to pick up some masks and gloves. I'm not holding my breath, but if I can get them, great. I'll be happy to get some refills on my medications. I encouraged Ron to get a refill, too. I'd hate to see him in agony because he didn't.

I'll take my sanitizer, cook up the raw meat in the fridge, and get some canned soups in case the worst happens and I fall ill. We have a family cruise planned in a month - it'll be interesting to see how that works out! I don't plan to do the shore excursion now!

I'm saved. That means I don't have to worry about things. God's got it all under control. Whatever happens is His will and He will take care of us both.

I do find it interesting that the odds favor me getting sick for a change. I hope I don't, but it'll be nice not to worry about Ron.

No comments: