Monday, March 9, 2009

A letter to the animal hospital that cared for Frosty

Dr Jewell,
I've loved cats since I was a baby. 5 years ago, my cat Bubba brought home a stray friend to live with us. Frosty was an adult male, undetermined age, and very cuddly. He was our baby.

He became very ill this weekend and I brought him in on Sunday morning, around 10. Everyone was incredibly kind and sensitive, and they treated his case as a serious emergency.

Dr Brunio contacted us and let us know that Frosty was beyond saving, that he was very elderly (a surprise) and beyond saving. It was obvious to both my husband and myself that Dr Brunio cared deeply for both pets and their humans, he was very compassionate and sensitive.

We made the choice to be present when Frosty was put down, and I was so glad I went to your clinic. When I brought him in, Frosty was suffering and miserable. The last time I saw him, he was resting comfortably and happy to see us. His tail flicked happily as we petted him and said our goodbyes.

Dr Brunio was very kind and compassionate during the procedure, and kindly let us know when Frosty was "gone". He showed me the results that indicated Frosty could not survive the crisis, and offered to contact our vet. Frosty did not suffer at all and I feel very glad I brought him to your clinic.

Our case did not have the conventional "Happy Ending" but we are both so glad we took our baby to your facility. No one could have given him better care, he was treated with respect, kindness, compassion, and dignity. Your staff took little steps to ensure his comfort, and to care for us as well as our cat.

I will be telling all my friends about your facility, and have posted at least one positive online review. If my other cat ever has a health crisis, I feel confident taking him to you.

Thank you for having such a wonderful staff.

With Gratitude,
Heather and Ron B.

(We took him to the Animal Emergency Clinic on 249)

No comments: