Saturday, December 1, 2007

Cleaning the bookcase

I have an aura photo we had taken at a health fair. Ron was nice enough to go and we were curious. Turns out we had a full spectrum between us, which is a good thing for a couple. That was over a decade ago. I think it's "cute".

I'm not afraid of "alternate" things like aromatherapy and herbalism, but it's hard to avoid the new age philosophies as well. I'm a Born-Again-Christian. The Bible has pretty strict regulations on dealing with mediums and such - don't do it.

I try to balance my natural curiosity, Biblical values, and common sense. I've also come to some conclusions.

I'm going to be getting rid of several books. They're part of a series I enjoyed. The lastest book covers a topic that I find incredibly painful. I prefer to let the past stay past, dead and buried. I decided not to buy the book. I sat down and looked at the rest of the series. It covers some witchcraft, wiccan, etc. The extra-marital sex just clinched it. It's not a series I'm exactly proud to have on the shelf, and looking at them reminds me of the book I didn't buy because it would hit way too close to home.

Because of this decision, I'll have more room for some new herb books. I'll be glad when they're gone and I can forget about it. I was told I am "remarkably self-aware" so I feel I've done a decent job of healing, buy why reopen old wounds?

I'd rather get more herb books.

No comments: