Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas! ALL items are free!

We got the postal workers 2 new microwaves. They've been a big hit; when they mention the microwaves we wish them a Merry Christmas (hey, without them we're homeless, and I never forget it). We also put the coffee machine on "free" Christmas eve.

How does it work? Well, we have a switch inside the machine. We flip the switch, and it announces "All Items are FREE!". It's a good feature for the vendor, we've accidentally left it on "free" before they upgraded it. So, we like to leave it on free at least once a year.

We went in early Christmas eve. "Only rich people get today off" stated our Sandwich lady, if we wanted our delivery we had to go to work. Same deal with the donuts. I made her (sandwich lady) another loaf of banana bread. When Ron told her, she was so happy I could hear her exclamations over the phone. Her delivery guy loved everything I made, I'm thinking some pumpkin bread and cookies for him next week.

I'm still manic for baking, I might as well use my powers for good. I'll bake bake bake and give most of it away. God knows what it'll be next time. I just have to accept that God made me this way, I'm well controlled with medication, and I might as well roll with my illness instead of fighting it and getting angry. Yes, I'm "not normal" but God didn't want normal when he made me. He needs me like this, a source of constant amazement to me.

I made some cookies to give away (along with candy) to our drivers yesterday. A HUGE hit. I'm glad I did it.

Back to work. The machine is on free. We did this at the end of the night shift. Everyone was a little manic, the holiday rush is over, thank God, they're free at last. When they found out about the free coffee life got even better. It was sad to see just how exhausted they were.

First guy: He's putting money into the machine, in spite of the scrolling "All Items are Free!" message on the display. The machine refused the money and spit the coins out into the coin return. "It won't take my money!" he moaned when he saw me. I asked him what he wanted, he told me, and I punched it up. He gaped at the coffee cup as it was filling until I pointed at the display and said "Merry Christmas!"

The second guy stopped me right after I finished the "pull" (taking the money out of the machine, rubber-banding it, and putting it into a bag). I was a little nervous talking while I had that on my arm but he was very serious as he asked me his question: "I heard you have free coffee. What about the hot chocolate? Is it free too?" I re-emphasized that ALL items were free and wished him a Merry Christmas. Poor things. Poor, poor babies! So tired!

Before we left I refilled the cream, sugar, and coffee cups. All items are free as long as supplies last, or tomorrow morning, whichever comes first.

We went to the mall (I find it funny that my favorite mall store is the dollar store). I found some stuff I wanted at the dollar store, and Ron and I ate a good meal. I am OUT of driver candy bags! They didn't have anything I wanted at the dollar store so I'll have to improvise tomorrow. After the mall, we went to the bank. I "Ran" the money at work so we just had a straight deposit. I thought.

When we got to the bank Ron told me he'd be happy to pay me early, as long as "You don't spend it all by New Year!". I agreed and Yay! I got paid. Tomorrow we plan to go to Walmart after work. I can get my driver candy bags and other stuff. Not much, though.

I got a nice spruce-scented candle at the dollar store and I'm burning it now. I feel very festive, but not too festive. I got an awesome loom set (one triangle, one square) from Mom and Dad. I'm loving my lovely new kitchen light ballast from Ron and he's thrilled with his gift card.

All I've got left today are family phone calls, some laundry, and maybe a little TV. Merry Christmas!

No comments: