Monday, December 10, 2007

"Let's take the bus"

I had a very satisfying and productive day today. Bubba (alpha cat) still has his "cold" so he slept with me last night, poor thing. He sneezed a lot but he seems lively and he's got a good appetite today. We had a good cuddle all last night.

I was tired today because I stayed up late watching "Tin Man" on Sci-Fi. I don't regret staying up. Is it my favorite movie ever? No.

I finally got my $5 refund from "Lousy herb company". When I got home today, the GOOD herb company, these guys, already had what I'd ordered in my mailbox, and I only ordered it a couple days ago. That's some awesome service. Here's the link: http://yhst-12999396255029.stores.yahoo.net/index.html I will be using them again.

Work was busy. We are almost completely out of Coca-cola. It's insane. We're going to Sam's Club to get more tomorrow morning before work, then we'll take it in and stock it directly. Then, I'll get the milk.

We got our donuts too and that went well, the sandwich guy was very nice and I got a gift card from his boss! Yay!

A very sad note, both the big wholesaler (Vistar) and the donut company are both open and delivering on Christmas eve. Isn't that sad?

After work we went to the Starbucks next to our primary care doctor. She is a very kind and compassionate woman. She liked my medic alert bracelet and EVERYONE liked the candy. She was so efficient I was done an hour and a half before our pickup time. She wrote a prescription for the generic Amoxicillin, so the whole thing, visit and all, only cost us $54. Ron said "You cost less than the cat!" [grin]

I gave Ron a hard time all day, telling him he needed to buy the cat a vaporizer. He kept protesting, but I could see him wondering if it would help. We both agreed we're glad we're only cat parents. I can't imagine nursing a sick child!

So I'm sitting there at Starbucks with Ron, prescription in hand. Our pickup isn't for an hour and a half. We're just off 1960. So is our Walmart.

"Let's take the bus, Ron."
"Alright!" He grabbed my elbow and hobbled off.

It went great. God very kindly held off the rain until AFTER we got indoors. We arrived 20 minutes before our pickup would have been. We don't know how far they would have ridden us around, either. I was glad we did it and I told Ron "I'm happy to ride any bus up to 86" An express bus runs near our home, I tried navigating there once, and it was food for a horrifying panic attack. I've never done it again. The express buses are all numbered above 100. Hence, my little joke. Ron was thrilled he could be more independent. It was funny, we saw several Metrolift cabs. They kept recognizing us and honking. Very funny.

I got my antibiotics, we both got lunch, Ron gave me a little extra spending money (which meant I could buy more driver candy), I read him the list "Lots of green beans, how many do you want, 6?" and off I went. He bought me some more decongestants, cough drops, and tissues. Nice guy. I got what I needed and our ride was one time. Yay!

It got even better when I found my Chinese patent medicines in the mailbox. I hope my herb books come soon.

Walton's already debited my account so my dehydrated foods have already shipped. I doubt I'll need them but it's nice to know they're waiting. I have an extra bag of cat food, too.

Once I got home, I took a great nap (with Frosty), and woke up feeling "better". I've been feeling so run down and tired I've forgotten how good healthy feels. I'm going to figure out some tonic herbs I can take to keep my immunity up and when I'm recovering from an illness. I need to be kinder to myself.

Once this is posted I'm going to go file our online accounting report. Gotta keep the boss happy!

No comments: