Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"What do you blog about?"

Someone asked me that today. I was speechless. What don't I blog about?

I told her the first thing going into todays' blog would probably be the "Not So Secret Lovers" (nssl). The nssl are people we know well; each of them is a wonderful, likeable person. The nssl spend long intimate lunches together, talking and giggling quietly. They're a "cute couple". He waits for her to "get free" so they can spend every free moment together. I've seen them kissing, cuddling, and holding hands.

Just one problem; he's married, and not to her. How do, I, as a Christian, react to this? I can't exactly whip out my Bible, screaming about sinners. I can't exactly smile and approve, either. I wrestle with this one every day.

From their reactions to me, I guess they can tell I don't approve, but I'm not going to come out and say it. I can't really. I'm just a vendor's employee. We just ignore each other unless Mr. nssl has a problem with a vending machine, then he goes to Ron. I'm glad I'm not a prophet, let me tell you. All I can do, and do, is pray that God shows them the light. Not to mention Ron's favorite old chestnut "If they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you." He found that one out the hard way about 20 years ago.

After work today, we went to KFC, ate, and I went shopping at Half Price Books. I got a gorgeous copy of "Knitting in America" (a nice hardback full color book), two bundles of my "wholesome romance novels" (about 9 books), and some funky vintage knitting patterns. One of them has a pattern for an incredibly cute fairisle vest (once I get rid of the icky square neck).

Which goes back to the knitting, I crocheted a cat toy and stuffed it with some of that wool Bubba demolished (Post: Heather spins up trouble for Bubba). I was going to give it to Mike tomorrow but Bubba has "'jacked" the toy and is currently slobbering and chewing on it. I guess I'll be making more of them. I have some exotic fibers leftover from a sample card I ordered, so I can make the next toy even more intriguing. Yaks! Camels! The fun they'll have (when I'm not looking).

I ordered some "Pidgeon Twist" from Knitpicks about 2 weeks ago. It's a gray and purple twist wool yarn. Now, I love gray yarn, very versatile. I love most any purple yarn. But the two of them together? YUCK! It is NOT MY STYLE at all. Thank God I only ordered one! That's what I'm using for the cat toys. They love wool so they'll enjoy it. [I just got up to investigate the status of the cat toy, Ron says it sounded like a war in there; I found the toy on the floor. The cats perked up when I put it on top of the cat condo.]

Wool, which brings me to when I got home from KFC with Ron today. My "Bacon" arrived! (See post: "Two Strips of Bacon"). So my present is here, in a "Priority Mail" box, waiting for my birthday in 3 weeks. I also got the last book I ordered from Alibris "In Sheeps' Clothing". It's very much a "Fiber Geek" type book for people who want to know everything about the wool they're spinning (like me). Just in case I'm not totally clear, I love the book, I'm happy I spent the $15 plus shipping and waited 2 weeks for it to arrive. It's worth it. The other books I ordered "Hands to the Spindle" about the history of handspinning, knitting and weaving in Texas - very good; and a book about Guernseys and Aran sweaters (to me, it was fairly disappointing, glad I only spent $8).

Tomorrow I get paid and then I'm going to Walmart (bank deposit, groceries, cat food). I need to return something I "took" by accident. I found a cute drawstring top backpack in purple for $5. I snatched it up and bought it. When I opened it up a few days ago I realized it has some school supply items inside. I need to return them - rather, give them back, because I didn't pay for them. I don't want to be a thief. While we're there, Ron needs to get a new VCR because the last one, and the "boom box", have been "Ronned." Ron wants to clarify, the radio works on the boom box. It's only the CD player and tape player that are dead. Oh-kaaay. There's a good reason I used his name as a verb, eh?

It was very sweet today, I really love it when the employees make a point of thanking me for putting out the new microwaves. It makes all the hassles worthwhile. I really love my job.

No comments: