Friday, August 10, 2007

No more Sudafed!

We had weeks of rain recently, then record-setting heat. Needless to say, the allergen levels are through the roof!

I recently got out my freindly little red tablets, the Sudafed. "Back in the day", every time I took them, they'd make me manic. I didn't know from "Manic" at the time, but I did know I could never get to sleep, spent all my money, etc. Generally I wavered between suffering with allergies and suffering with manias. I told one doctor who told me that no, Sudafed couldn't do anything like that to me. Little does he know!

A few years ago the methamphetamine addicts forced the FDA to require the Sudafed guys to reformulate their product. Happily, the new product worked for me and I could take it as needed with no manias.

Until now. As I lay awake in bed last night, thanking God for various things (I figured He didn't need me whining), I decided this had to go in my blog. See, that's the thing with Bipolar; sometimes it doesn't make sense. Sometimes you can be taking an over the counter remedy and all of a sudden, you can't. Sometimes an old standby prescription will cause you new and untenable side effects.

But like one of my favorite songs, I gotta "Roll With it Baby" and move on. No more Sudafed; I'll be taking the Guiafenesin tablets or syrup instead.

No comments: