Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Backpack Evangelism

The State of Texas doesn't have the money to repair our microwaves, so we're going to have to make do with a cheap discount store microwave. Tough. We were told one guy set his popcorn on fire in the last microwave, and he was "angry" about it. Implication: he was angry enough to slam the door hard enough to break the latches. A lot of cold lunches in their future.

I've had really persistent headaches the last couple days, I just took some Alka-Seltzer for the first time. It's supposed to be fairly gentle to stomachs, so I'll see. Luckily the headache is more at the moderate level.

I went to Michael's crafts today. Wow! They eliminated 90% of their acrylics, now it's just novelty, baby, and wool yarns. Yay! I got myself a 32-inch size 8 circular needle, too. I've been wanting one. They have a pretty decent collection of wool yarn - I just need to get some white wool yarn so I can make my Santa hat for this winter. I bought myself a yummy skein of Patons Merino in Turquoise. I love turquoise, this hat will be MINE, and a matching scarf in something like seed stitch (brainless yet challenging for me, won't curl).

I had some fun in the button department. If I plan to make myself some sweaters and legwarmers, I'll need buttons. Fun buttons. I got some that even Ron found interesting, and a cheap "bead organizer" in which to store them. I didn't get any pattern books. I just receieved three, then Ron will be getting me at least 2 patterns for my birthday.

I had one of those "It must be my life" experiences today. We were at the Starbucks by Willowbrook mall today. Ron was drinking his coffee "With enough creamer to make it beige" - works well for him (my idea). I had gone to the craft store. I came back and I was sorting my buttons into the organizer, and showing Ron the ones I found interesting while we waited on Metrolift.

I couldn't help overhearing a guy nearby discussing Bible Study, witnessing, and living a good Christian life. When his freind stepped out to get something out of the car, I told him it was nice to hear other people sharing their faith in public. Sometimes I feel all alone (so get to a CHURCH, chicken... but they won't like me!). He came over and I told him a little about us. How I grilled Ron about being saved on the first date, how Ron died and saw Heaven, but had to come back, Ron's impatient to go back... our usual.

He handed me a book. "I wrote this, I'd like you to have it!" I'm now the proud owner of Backpack Evangelism by Lee Rushing, who's a very nice man. Psalm 71:14-19 is written inside the front cover, along with his autograph.

It could only happen in MY life. [shaking my head in disbelief] I'm definitely reading it.

My head does feel better.

No comments: