Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I have one of those faces

I went to bed early and woke up an hour before the alarm.  I lay in bed trying not to worry about various things for a while.  Will the new entrance be wheelchair accessible?  Why is Snack #3 not giving "small change" on transactions?  Repair issues as regard the vending machines.  Moving the stockroom on Friday, getting new machines.  Back to repair issues and wheelchair access.  My bladder hurts.  I got up, showered, and did my God Time. 

We had planned to go to the doctor, fill my prescription, buy supplies, and then go to work.  Ron decided, on his own (I didn't mind) to cancel the latter two; leaving me with doctor, Walmart and home.  "I'm not abusing you" he told me, indignantly. 

Our ride to the doctor was late and I barely made it.  Agh.  Ron said it was his fault.  The driver made some bad decisions though, that cost us time.  She kept thinking I was "mad". 

I wasn't angry, I explained repeatedly, I was sick and in pain.  I didn't want to talk. 

See, I have one of those faces - that's what Ron tells me.  Everyone wants to tell me their troubles.  99% of the time I don't mind and walk away happy to be me. 

This woman has told me all about her sex life, how she "couched" her husband and threatened to leave him.  She called him 3 times on her break and he didn't answer the phone, she interrogated her son when she got home and found out "Daddy" was in the same room, but didn't get up for the call, etc.  I just didn't want to hear it today. 

God forgive me, I didn't want to hear it. 

I barely made it.  They wanted my photo ID.  They got very upset when I didn't have it.   I told them "I have a bladder infection, I am in pain.  I already gave you my social and $100 in cash.  Why do I need an ID?"  They didn't have an answer for that, but it got me thinking about Ron, and his "mark of the beast" speech. 

New King James Version (NKJV)
Revelation 13:16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

It used to be, they didn't care who I was, a long as I paid up front.  I'm paying for my medical care.  How is this a bad thing? 

Anyway, they finally settled for a federal ID - my work badge.  [rolleyes] 

I know what I need, next time.  I forget we are in new days.  Later, at McDonald's, they had a sign on one register "no cash".  Huh.  Yup.   Go back to the Bible verses. 

Anyway, I had to fill out reams of paperwork.  I wasn't surprised to see a guy rolling a folding handcart loaded with probably 20 cubic feet of paper. 

I understand "you" may need to know my family history.  But what about personal history?  That part was eliminated.  Yeah, I can check the depression box, but I also wrote 296.62 so they could put my illness in context. 

I found it creepy filling out government forms (that's what they told me) sharing my family medical history and my own personal ailments.  It also made me really glad I'm healthy.  Really, looking at that form, I am healthy. 

I know one or two people who'd be checking every box. 

I do wonder, if "they" come to round us up and put us down, or in camps, or "manage" us somehow, how the forms will be used.  "Let's get all the crazies today".   That's 90% the illness talking. 

I had my vitals.  I have lost weight.  That's nice.  Not that they know, the last time I went in was 2007.  But I know and that's nice.  It was nice to say "set it at 250" and it was too heavy. 

I peed in a cup.  Then there was a little drama over paying to get the urine tested.  Did that.  $15.  At first I thought she said $50 and said "I'll have to die, then!"  [snort]  I also told her she was doing a great job. 

Can you imagine how much it must suck to do the billing at a medical office?  Having to charge little old ladies, poor people, etc?  Getting yelled at over prices you didn't set? 

I went back in my room and read a booklet on osteoporosis.  Doc came in.  I like him.  I plan to have him as my permanent, regular, doc as long as he's around. 

No nitrates.  No leukocytes.  No glucose or protein.  In other words, perfect urine. 

He still wrote me a prescription for antibiotics.  I don't need this getting up in my kidneys.  I have a lot of work ahead. 

Work for 2 days: then yardwork on my day off.  Always housework and homecare (although Ron isn't burdensome). 

So, I left.  I got Ron a protein box (he asked for it) at Starbucks.  It had an egg, some cheese, a mini pita he liked a lot, a pouch of peanut butter (he liked that too), grapes, etc.  He ate the whole thing. 

We agreed, we wished we could sell something like it at work. 

I had lemon pound cake and some Azo (urinary painkiller) I had gone off it yesterday because it can mess up urine tests.  I also drank a large bottle of water. 

Whatever's wrong, lots of water can only help. 

We went to Walmart.  I left him sitting in the wheelchair near the bathroom.  While I was gone, he tried to get beer but they were sold out (I am OK with this). 

I got my prescription - God love you Walmart and your $4 prescriptions! 

I also got yogurt and some healthier foods for me.  I've been eating a 2 cup bowl of mixed vegetables every night.  It's not a huge deal, but it's a lot better eating than I've done.  I know I'm only healthy if I eat a wide variety of healthy foods.  And I can face the thought of a bowl of mixed veggies every night. 

I was happy to see the Banquet Lasagne TV dinner (I add parmesan after cooking to up the protein) has 12 grams of protein.  Good.  I really liked the one I ate last night, and the night before that, so I got more. 

Time to check out.  I still had some money left and I got some chicken sandwhiches for us.  McDonald's burgers are pretty terrible after I've eaten at Carl's Jr.  But the chicken is good. 

I got the one with cheese and bacon for me.  Ron said he didn't want anything, but had a couple bites of mine.  I got him a regular one because I figured he'd eat it later.  It's a dollar.  He'll eat it sometime. 

When I got home, I took everything, crazy meds, antibiotic, and some supplements.  I like to take some antioxidants due to skin issues and the freckle in my eye

I'd eaten enough that it was all happy. 

I have problems with allergies.  That translates to a very annoying dry cough during allergy season, and after I get a cold.  It goes on for weeks, and drives Ron nuts. 

But, I have a problem: old allergy meds make me groggy.  New allergy meds (Zyrtec, Claratin) make me manic and paranoid.  Most nasal sprays give me terrible migraines. 

What's a girl to do?  I had seen the ads for Nasacort and figured it must be pretty affordable if it's gone over the counter.  I finally got some today and "shot up". 

I get a very slight headache, which dissipates.  It seems to make me slightly manic, which also dissipates.  I'm fine with that.  It's also helping with the cough. 

Well, that was fun.  I had a pretty extreme bathroom flood.  I wasn't paying attention to the toilet after I flushed.  I got it all cleaned up and disinfected. 

I've read piney cleaners can be toxic to cats, so I use a lemony disinfectant I dilute in water.  It was funny, though.  I had about half an inch of "water" on the floor.  I grabbed my old towel and mopped what I could.   I needed another towel.  I tried to find my other old towel, but I coudn't.  I saw a nice midrange nice blue towel that seemed to be wanting to help. 

I had a thought: sad towels waiting to be used.  So happy when they're used, even if it's messy.  It made me feel better about using it. 

Both towels are now in the washer along with some bleach.  I'll run that as a load and then another load with detergent.  I got a good workout, scrubbing. 

I'm so glad I have a small house, and a small bathroom. 

I don't want to post the neighbor's schedule.  I wouldn't want them posting mine; but the daily ruckus seems to have ended for now. 

I do wonder, though.  During their play, and the parties, it seems like the small kids are *always* crying.  It doesn't sound fun to me. 




No comments: