Saturday, January 30, 2010

Stalking God

Luke 18:1 "Then He (Jesus) spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart"
Matthew 5:44 "Pray for those who spitefully use you"
1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing"
James 5:16 "Pray for one another"
Ezra 4:2 "We seek your God as you do"
Zeph. 2:3 "Seek the Lord"

I like to talk. Obviously, if you've read any of my writing, you know this. I love to tell you every little detail.

I've been working on growing closer to God, and being a daughter He can use. A daughter He's proud to call "His". I spend time in prayer and Bible study, but I've noticed, with the prayer, that the more I talk to God, the more I WANT to talk.

As humans, we're taught from an early age not to "bother" each other. Don't talk so much. Listen. Encourage the other person to share. All good lessons.

In fact, paying someone TOO much attention will get you labeled a "stalker". Everyone knows how awkward it is to garner unwanted attention. There's someone I wish would forget I ever existed.

So, I had the feeling, that I was "bothering" God with all my attentions. Until the passage from Thessalonians knocked on my door. "Pray without ceasing".

God wants me to talk to him, all day long. He craves it, as much as I do! It's an honor for him to listen to me, and have me share every thought and feeling - far past the point of human interest. He loves it when I seek his word and spend hours in study. He loves it when I pick up my Bible and flip it open at random, in addition to my formalized Bible study program. He loves it when I write down favorite passages on my index cards and tote them around in my bag.

God wants us to stalk him.

No comments: