Friday, January 1, 2010

Regrets

The New Year has me thinking about my life and actions. I have been thinking, recently, about some of the regrets I have.

  • I wish I had gone hiking more with my husband, before "The door closed on that" (as my Dad puts it). I do like to think my husband's health problems have had a direct influence on Dad getting out and enjoying life while he can.
  • I wish I had paid for Ron to get a professional massage before he had the neuropathy. He'd pay NOT to get one, now. I wish I had given him more back rubs and foot rubs. He used to love a good foot rub.
  • I wish I had truly hunted my mother down, before her death, and let her know how much I loved her. She's in Heaven now, she knows I love her, but I regret that she died thinking I hated her.
  • I wish I had been a stronger person about sharing my faith. I was always so worried I would look wierd or offend someone. People are starving for Jesus, but I didn't realize it and I missed some opportunities.

I have other regrets, but they're ones I can't do anything about. I would have rather been diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 10, instead of 32. Things I wish I'd known about Ron, but then we wouldn't be here today, would we?

I can honestly say, I don't have many regrets, and I can pray for the people I couldn't reach with the Gospel, when I could have.

No comments: