Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I hit the wrong button...

And deleted some replies, but I am interested in "a dialogue".

One last thought for today. I know I am blessed.

I complain about mental illness, brain damage, hives, and a disabled husband. Sometimes I feel like I'm carrying an unfair load. I wish someone would focus on spoiling me rotten for a change.

But I am blessed. I have a home, in a safe, quiet neighborhood. No one's going to beat down my door in the middle of the night and take my husband away, or drag me off to a rape/torture camp. I am safe. If I had children, they'd be safe.

I have food security. I know where my next meal's coming from and my biggest food concern is losing weight.

I have an abundance of fresh, clean water... something at a premium in Mexico! I can drink water right out of the tap without walking miles to get it.

Our government is not out to "get" us. No "official" is going to take my husband's business away just because they can. We get to keep what we earn, after taxes.

While I'm probably in the low-income bracket for Harris county, I have electricity, my own personal computer, my very own low-def television, an MP3 player, and hundreds of paperback books.

I live in a pleasant climate. I have plenty of jackets and coats when the weather turns, and plenty of affordable, cute clothes to wear. I make enough to provide for my needs and enjoy my hobbies. I get paid at the end of the week and I still have money in my pocket.

I'm not worried about my safety or the safety of those I love. I know they're fine.

Compared to so many people, I am incredibly blessed. I never allow myself to forget that, even when I'm whining. :)

No comments: