Sunday, November 16, 2008

Today, it's about knitting.

Yes, today, it's about knitting.

I finished the Fall Colors shawl. It looks fantastic and I love wearing it whenever it gets chilly. I actually hope it's a colder winter now. I had enough photos taken, that one of them will come out. :) Then I'll upload it and the pattern.

I also finished the fingerless gloves. I used Elizabeth Lavold Chunky Al - a 50/50 alpaca/wool blend. They are very warm, non-itchy, and durable enough that I can push the wheelchair while wearing them. Again, pattern and pictures coming soon.

Last but not least, I finished my 3 color hat. I make everyone else hats, but last year I wore an Army Surplus wool hat. It was very warm, and basic, but it's just wrong. I should have something that expressed my personality.

This year, I dug some Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted out of my stash. I had one skein each of turquoise, magenta, and orange. I made stripes. It's fun, cute, and original. I like it a lot. I have to confess, though, that my Army hat is warmer. {laughing}

My latest project involves some using lace knitting yarn and a crochet hook to produce a fun, delicate lace. I have a few stitch dictionaries, but only about 50 patterns. On the other hand, I have literally over a thousand knitting stitch patterns. Say what?

I bookmarked some interesting-looking crochet stitch dictionaries so I can remedy the situation. Just because I love knitting doesn't mean I can't crochet, too. :)

Oh, and I need to get a photo of Ron wearing his hat. It's hysterical.

No comments: