Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I walked 5 miles to vote today

I thought my polling place would be the local elementary school. I was wrong. I was redirected to the "real" place about 3 miles away. I walked.

I didn't have to wait at all. I just walked up to the appropriate letter range and handed over my ID card, signed, and voted.

It was an interesting experience. I voted for McCain. I think he'll do a better job. I feel he's already been tested and he did well. I have a very bad feeling about Obama AND his VP. I don't like or trust either of them.

I don't feel Michelle Obama will do a good job of "representing" all that is gracious about America. It has nothing to do with race - it says "Negro" on my husband's birth certificate. She doesn't have a good poker face. I don't feel she is "gracious". I keep coming back to her obviously annoyed expression during the speech Hilary Clinton gave, endorsing Obama.

It's my choice, I made it, and I'm proud I voted. I actually met one man I voted for - Chad Khan. I met him, liked him, I like his platform, and he lives nearby. I feel he'll do a good job standing for me in Austin.

I feel Sheila Jackson-Lee is an embarrassment to her constituents. I would have voted for a chicken if it ran against her. I hope he wins.

Other than that, I voted pretty much a Republican ticket. I liked Ed Emmett, I feel he did a great job managing Harris County during TWO hurricanes. He has a very difficult job but he does it well. Way to go, Ed. :)

We'll see who our new leader is tomorrow. It ought to be interesting.

I find it sad that I had such a short wait to vote. I brought my knitting bag, expecting to wait for hours.

No comments: