Thursday, July 10, 2008

On breasts

A few days ago Ron realized I was short on cash and gave me a small cash "gift". He's a sweetie. Buy yourself something fun, Heather.

I went to the bookstore and looked at the weightlifting books. Nothing really appealed. I paged through all the magazines and found a few that looked interesting. I'm always interested in articles about performance nutrition, protien powder supplementation, etc. I don't care so much for the chemically enhanced bodybuilders but it is nice to clearly see the muscle groups I'm improving in such awesome detail.

I find the women in the magazines both inspiring and pitiful. Let's start with the two girls in the magazine ad for supreme protien bars. They have obviously embarked on an extensive program. They eat clean. They have very little visible bodyfat and they are very sexy. They have obvious curves and nothing to be ashamed of - so why breast implants? They are plenty attractive without the silicon blobs in their chests.

I believe that implants make a woman less sexy, by saying to the world "I'm not happy with my body". Let's be honest, breasts are composed of glands and FATTY tissue. If you have low bodyfat, your breasts will be smaller. So what? They are firm, tight breasts. The sight of a woman who's probably 5'6", 110 pounds, and a D cup is just plain UNNATURAL.

Maybe if we refused to accept models like that as the norm, we would have more realistic standards? When I was a underweight-overfat teen, I was an A cup. Once I got above about 140, I went up to a B cup. Guess what'll happen if I go below 140? I'll shrink again. Sometimes, more often than not, in fact, I think that would be great. They get hot. I have to make sure the bras have enough support. It's a hassle at times. I'd love to wear the sport tops with the built in bra but that won't happen for a while!

I'm fine with that. It's normal. If I'm skinny, I'll be somewhat flat. It's realistic. I'm sure my husband will be fine with it too. If not, I'll eat a few higher carb meals and gain 'em back.

So, we've covered the models in the magazines. What about the competitors? EW! They scare the crap out of me. If I honestly thought I would wake up looking like them, I would never lift a weight in my life! I think they look awful and again, most of them have implants. Obligatory long hair, enough muscles to make me think they're getting shots...I'm not saying they are but it ain't natural! Why don't any of them have short hair, like me? Do they get a memo?

I think they scare 97% of the regular population. I don't want to be scary, just fit and strong.

I'll do it without implants, too.

No comments: