Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I've been feeling a little uninspired with regards to my blogs lately so I've just done the low-carb and workout blogs. Even those have been pretty basic.

This morning was a busy day for me, I woke up, ran, came home, did weights in the garage, ate, cleaned up, went to the blood bank and donated blood, and went to the mall with Ron to get a new cell phone. He's got ringtones for me and a good freind, and "Taking Care of Business" for everyone else. I think it's great.

He got the same model I did, but in a different color.

I was worried about donating blood for a couple of reasons: I'm probably fatter than I was the last time I donated. It's harder to get at the veins. I'm taking mood stabilizers, antidepressants, and antipsychotics. Would I get sick? Would I freak out?

No. It was a very easy stick and the Blood Bank did their best to spoil me rotten. The center is only about 5 minutes from the house, it's very easy. Actually, now's the time to mention that Ron donated too. He had a very easy time... I was just barely a little dizzy "directly" afterwards but it wasn't bad. So now they're processing our blood and some lucky trauma victim will get it in the next couple weeks.

I find it cute to think that Ron and I have "opposite" blood types. He is type A and I am type B. We'll go back in a couple months. My uncle needed blood recently - how selfish would it be to say, thanks but we won't give you any?

I got some protein powders too. I orderd 2, Syntrax Nectar Lattes Cappuccino flavor (here's the link http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/lattes.html ) and some Calcium Caseinate. Caseinate is the main protein in milk and cheese, it's slower digesting. The variety I bought is very low carb and a good price. It needs a blender, though, or you will never mix it. I blended some up with some egg white protein powder (also hard to mix) and put it in the fridge. Now I can just pour some and add the good Syntrax. The Syntrax comes in a delicious mocha flavor with no carbs. It is delicious. I mean, seriously, seriously good. I am so glad I have over 2 pounds of the stuff. I also have a lemonade flavor I love. I can add either of them to my "other proteins" and make a good shake. The Syntrax is a fast protien, the others are slower release.

I'm feeling very tired and lazy today. It's understandable. I gave blood, I ran, I lifted weights. I take medication.

Oh, I need more weight plates. I'm lifting so much I'm using up my stash of weights.

No comments: