Thursday, September 11, 2008

Something bad WILL happen

That's my motto: Something bad will happen. You can search my blog for "Disaster Kit" entries. Suffice to say, I have a fairly extensive disaster kit, especially given my budget. It's a nice feeling to have when a hurricane's about to make a direct hit on your city.

Ron and I each have a small, battery operated fan. I actually have two. We've got our music players and extra batteries. A battery operated TV. I've got flashlights and battery operated lanterns. Batteries to power all of the above and then some. Hand crank radios and flashlights. Small battery operated radios.

Food: I've got loads of canned food, easily enough for a month. Lidded, 5-gallon buckets for storing water. Ron's got plenty of shakes because I always assume a hurricane's headed our way. I told him on Tuesday, "Assume this will get us, what do you need?" and we went and got it. Plenty of shakes. I needed more pills so we got them.

My computer's playing a steel drum version of "Peanut Vendor". Now it's segued into "Strong Tower"by Kutless. Excellent.

Food, water, medication. Cat food. Did I mention running out to buy cat food even though I had a migraine? Well, I did, and when I went to Walmart I bought more num-nums (canned cat food).

I'm glad I invested all my time and energy into my disaster kit.

No comments: