Saturday, September 6, 2008

Goal 1 - Walmart size 12; 9-6-08

I'm in shock today.

Let me explain. Today was a fairly normal day. Get up, go to work. Worked hard. Went to Walmart, something I never do on a Saturday but Ron needed more shakes. The only palatable foods to him are Atkins Shakes, Strawberry and Dark Chocolate flavors.

He wanted to look at boom boxes. We did. Then I got his shakes and we checked out.

Now it's my turn. I noticed the waistband of my size 14's was getting fairly baggy, and the back pocket turns itself inside out when I take my work keys out. Time to at least try on a pair of 12's. I figured, maybe they won't fit.

I did not expect them to fit in a way where I could wear them in public. I didn't.

The first pair performed as expected. I developed a disgusting "muffin top" of fat pushed over the waistband. YUCK. Discard pile.

Then I tried on the bootcut. Oh. My. They fit like a dream. They have a little bit of stretch, in addition to the 98% cotton. I hate synthetic fibers. Anyway, the wash was cute, I even liked the embroidery on the back pockets.

I bought them, of course. Since I'm in a Walmart 12 now it begged the question of what about the other 30 pounds I have to lose? I'm going to go down more sizes. The bermuda shjorts were on clearance. I love these shorts. So, I bought myself a pair of the 10's and the 8's.

I haven't been an 8 since high school. And I'm seriously considering buying a 6 maybe if they have any left the next time I go back?

Wow. This is a huge reality adjustment. I never thought I'd be wearing a size 12 at 185 pounds. Much less that I'd be wearing one less than 6 months after starting Atkins, and taking 3 medications that cause weight gain. I'm still in shock.

SIZE TWELVE!

No comments: