Monday, June 23, 2008

Theme songs

Last week I battled a depression. This week, I was a little manic but I settled down OK. I went shopping today and spent less than $5 when I had over $30. I'm not manic.

I was out in the garage lifting weights after my nap today. I heard some bass thumping and I thought "How rude". It turns out the rude person was my husband! He was cranking some tunes.

I found it funny that two of the songs I begged him to play actually have quite a bit of bearing on my life: theme songs if you will.

"I get knocked down" but I get up again, never gonna keep me down.

"Don't bring me down". Obvious.

I just got up to check on my dinner. I'm cooking sliced link sausage in a skillet. Tasty.

I ate very well today, on plan. I've gotten comments recently about how I look younger (I cut my hair short so that did it right there), and thinner. The repairman today told me he could tell I was losing weight. Awesome.

I've noticed men are opening doors for me now. I can't recall that happening before.

I've decided to cut back on the "cardio" and mainly focus on weightlifting, with just enough cardio to keep my heart, lungs, and cardiovascular system happy. I figure 30 minutes 3 times a week is plenty of cardio. Today I did an hour of weights in the garage.

We fixed up the garage so the wasps can't get in. I feel very comfortable out there now. I can lift, make grunts, shout with exertion, and no one can hear me. No one can see me either. That wasn't a factor when I had a gym membership, I didn't care, but it's great to get out there in a sport bra and some baggy shorts to do my workouts. I love working out like that.

Yesterday I had Ron take some photos of me in the garage. We'll see how they turn out. If they work, I'll post 'em.

No comments: