Friday, November 6, 2015

When the cell phone sobers up

It was a pretty tough day. 

Got up depressed.  No God Time or shower, but I looked OK.  I did my God Time later. 

We went to Walmart.  I got the stuff on my list, including more generic headache pills.  As it turns out, a good thing. 

Ron had a fit when he found out his doctor had prescribed a medication costing $482 dollars.  A month.  And they want him to take it, ongoing.  Needless to say, he called Doc. 

We came home, (I hardly got anything), ate, pill time, and I took a nap.  I haven't been having good dreams lately.  Not bad dreams, just unpleasant.  Also, #6 made some noise.  Poor thing would probably kill for a nap. 

By the way, #2 got the message, and has stopped running over the water meter.  Yay. 

I woke up, Ron played part of his book for me.  He really wants me to read this author. 

I headed off to do my God Time, when I was stopped by cursing.  Ron had dropped his cell phone into a glass of whiskey. 

I attempted to remove the battery and store it in a bag of rice, but he refused, wanting to "see if it worked anyway".  I pleaded with him, don't do it.  You might as well put it down the garbage disposal if you do that. 

He wouldn't listen.  Screamed I was a control freak trying to dominate him.  It's funny, about people.  They will always accuse you of the thing they do.  I would probably accuse someone of being judgemental, because I can be. 

While it worked at first, it didn't, for long.  Ron was very angry and blasphemous.  I don't think I've ever used that word before, but when someone's calling God a Mother F-er, repeatedly.... the shoe fits. 

God is going to discipline him on that.  Ron also thinks it is funny, and relevant, to call God "Torch", short for "Torture Man".  Not funny. 

Ron would, and does, say that his verbal abuse toward God indicates belief in God, that God wants belief and can tolerate the abuse.  Yeah, I think, but you're going to look like a real ass on Judgement Day. 

God made it clear I shouldn't intervene, so I don't.  I just shut my mouth and went back to doing my God Time.  Let me tell you, that's an odd one, praying while Ron is screaming at God in the other room. 

The phone is definitely "drunk".  It reeks of alcohol, which can't be good for it.  I gave Ron the bag of rice if he wants to try it later. 

We had to plan trips, online, for tomorrow.  Hopefully that will involve a new phone for  Ron, because I don't want him breaking mine. 

It's sad, he has had a lot of little "toys" he really loved, that he destroyed due to alcohol. 

No comments: