Sunday, November 22, 2015

Saturday night shift

In Mexican culture, the baby's first birthday is a huge event.  I have endured several of them thanks to #6. 

Don't get me wrong, I am glad their kids are alive and healthy.  It is, however, tremendously exhausting to hear the party ongoing when I just want to sleep. 

So, I keep a calendar.  Basically, "we" have most of our parties in March, October, one in November (the 21st!) and the Christmas Eve party.  I'll talk about that one in a month. 

Anyway, we needed to work yesterday, and we had a couple of factors:
  • Blue Norther cold front inbound with heavy rain, in the morning.
  • Party at night, for certain. 
We decided to go to the warehouse later in the afternoon, and then work.  It's funny; when I was a retail slave for someone else, the only thing I wanted was a 9-5, Monday to Friday job.  Now I find myself enjoying my Saturday night shift.   I prefer working weekends. 

I had some gapes and double takes at work, but overall they were happy to see me/us.  Like I said, I enjoy the work, and they support us.  They should hear me say thank you now and again. 

I did have one problem.  Ron's wheelchair, at work, is very old.  The vinyl on the back had a tear at the bottom of the pocket.  Ron likes to keep things in the pocket, but they kept falling out. 

You can imagine the scene: Ron is lying on the floor, duct-taping the wheelchair, which is flipped over.  The customer gave me a nasty look, and moved towards Ron. 

"Did you fall, buddy?"  Another glare in my direction. 

"Actually," I said, "I flipped it over."  For Ron, of course, but I got an even nastier look.  "It was EMPTY!"

The man left, convinced I had turned Ron out onto the floor.  Ah, no.  If I'm going to hurt him I won't do anything overt or obvious.  I would tell him the store was out of his favorite TV dinner.  I wouldn't pretreat the stains when I did his laundry.  Stuff like that.  I wouldn't throw him out on the floor in front of all the postal workers. 

Before that point, however, I would take some good long breaks. 

Anyway, other than that it was pretty uneventful, except for the nearly empty vending machines.  It was a little disturbing.  I doubt we can take much time off in the next month.  I had better add some olive leaf to my vitamin regimen when I do up my pills later. 

Doing up my pills means taking 4 lithium and a Depakote,  that goes in the PM section for 2 weeks.  AM's are 2 each of Haldol and Wellbutrin.  They even look alike.  Then I add in all the supplements, vitamin A (I am getting some lithium acne on my chest, so I need it), Vitamin E (for my cardiovascular), multi with iron (because I did a food log and I NEVER got enough iron), Cat's Claw (supposed to be good for joints, and immunity - doesn't hurt and joints do seem better - I have some minor arthritis).  You get the idea.  It gets really fun if my hands start shaking.  A couple of times I have dropped the pill organizer on the floor, during.  Agh.  It's one of the few times Ron is on his own, "I'm doing up my pills". 

We finished up, the machines looking a lot better.  I take pride in doing a good job and providing quality service. 

We left, and our friend picked us up.  By now, I figured, the party was in full swing.  We went to a burger place and ate, having a good time.  By the time we came home, the guests were leaving and it felt like the 30's with the wind chill.  We would not have kids screaming outside the bedroom, all
night.  I hope this happens on Christmas eve.  Those parties are horrific. 

I went to bed and woke up with a migraine.  I haven't vomited yet but it's not much fun to be me.  I tried the "take the pepto with the pain reliever" routine and it sure didn't hurt.  I can take something else in about half an hour.  I think I will go with Tylenol.  I already took generic Excedrin, Aspirin 4 hours later (absolutely with some pepto), and probably Tylenol again because I don't want to be up all night from the generic headache pills' caffeine. 

I measured, and my waist is down 3 inches from September.  My hips, an inch and a half.  That explains why my pants are so baggy, lately.  If I can beat the headache I will dig around, because I know I have some smaller sizes running around somewhere. 

I'm also working on some laundry.  I dumped a half-gallon of iced tea on my carpet yesterday and I had to mop it up with my bath towel.  What an awful mess. 

Ron's fine.  He's still got some bleeding but the doctors have thrown up their hands.  If it gets bad, he's to take a course of steroids.  At least it isn't cancer. 

He likes eating some burritos I bought when I was manic.  When I'm manic, I can buy the strangest things.  I don't like burritos, but I bought them - because I was manic.  I have clothing selections I can tell from a glance - I was manic.  If possible, I usually end up donating whatever it is.  I did paint the bedroom a curry gold when manic, and I do love the color.  I've lived in it for nearly 12 years and enjoy it.  It's very calming to me. 

Not all bad. 

Boy, with Christmas coming, sales through the roof, and what feels like months of depression and anxiety under my belt, I could really use a good mania pretty soon. 

No comments: