Thursday, November 19, 2015

Nightmares

I woke up at 5 AM, I got to sleep in.  :p 

We went to work, but it didn't need much stocking.  I stocked what I could and waited on the repairman. 

At one point, I was stocking, my arms full of product.  Ron was yelling for me.  He does that a lot.  He wanted me to help him.  I told him I had to stock the product I was holding, and he shouted it was my job to serve him, not fill vending machines. I gave him a peculiar look. 

The repairman came.  Ron had forgotten to empty the change bucket, which caused a backup.  Not only that, someone had put an Asian coin into the system.  That would have caused a jam on it's own.  He had to disassemble the unit. 

He "tried" to fix the "not giving proper change back" issue, but did a poor job of that.  I had to go and fix it after he left.  "I think" I told  Ron "I'm the only one who knows how to work it".  It has certain parameters, if they are met it behaves.  I have also eliminated most of the 70 cent items, stocking 75 cent items instead.  The big objection was people weren't getting the nickel back when they put the 75 cents, so that fixed the issue. 

After he left I stocked the machine and verified the coin mech was behaving.  It is. 

I helped Ron as much as I could and we left.  Ron forgot to do his inventory for canned sodas, so that will be interesting on Monday.  We have to get up very early on Monday. 

In Mexican culture, the baby's first birthday is a big deal, probably due to crappy infant mortality rates back in the old days.  Back then, it was a really big deal to get the baby to a year old. 

That party is imminent, this weekend.  I want to get as much rest as possible.  They have been quieter, but the kids still make a tremendous amount of racket for several hours.  That's actually the reason I had to ban them from the yard - they were taking the party into my yard. 

Not to mention unsupervised toddlers running around, etc.  I keep a calendar now so I at least have an idea what to expect.  If I know they're going to have a party, I can rest up, make sure the gate is locked, etc. 

I took a nap today but I had pretty bad nightmares about losing my teeth.  I woke up and tried to talk with Ron, which ended up in a lot of verbal abuse on his part.  I'm not even mad at him, and he's "fighting" with me.  How stupid is that? 

I'm not saying Ron is stupid, but sometimes I really think he could use some counseling.  So could I, I'm sure. 

Biscuit is eating his canned supper.  He loves those things.  I'm glad, he's a good boy. 

I ran Torbie off the desk and I feel a little bad about that.  Hopefully she'll get in my lap, later. 

No comments: