Thursday, November 5, 2015

I never keep my money...

I woke up at 4 AM, with a catastrophic migraine.  I choked down some OTC headache pills and went back to bed, doing my God Time later. 

While God is very patient and would have been content with me groaning at Him, I figured He would understand I needed the rest. 

Over the course of the day, I consumed another dose of OTC headache pills, a 20 ounce iced coffee (and I hate coffee), and about 45 ounces of diet soda.  Total caffeine intake, over one gram.  I doubt I'll sleep tonight. 

Some migraines require massive amounts of very cold caffeine.  I also alternated between near-nausea and ravenous hunger. 

I'd say about a third is hormonal (I am nearing my cycle), a third the incoming cold front (notorious for headaches in my family), and a third the candy bar I ate yesterday. 

Oh. 

Fun part, I had to take  Ron to primary care doc.  Poor doc was clueless what had happened, since he sent us to the ER 2 months ago.  He was delighted to hear Ron's better. 

Ron's blood pressure was high, for him, because he was angry about waiting.  It was 155.  At the other doctor's it was about 145.  Not good, Ron.  It's normally about 120.  I tend to run "borderline" around 128.  But I'm fat.  :p 

I told him if it keeps up he will get "a label" as a difficult patient; and have to take blood pressure pills.  I didn't mention this, but I will, I am certain blood pressure meds would really interact with alcohol.  Agh. 

One time Ron had a bad reaction to blood pressure meds, given for a temporary prostate issue (about 20 years ago), and passed out on the floor.  "I woke up a couple hours later" he said "And went to work". 

Not going there. 

Anyway. 

Doc came in, chuckling over my very comprehensive medical history.  "You're the bionic man!"  He said Ron looks to be improving nicely.  Ron scratched at a psoriasis patch "Don't do that, you'll make it worse" he said kindly.  We talked and he said OTC steroid cream would be fine for Ron, but Ron, of course, refuses to use it. 

Agh. 

I said we'd like to have him as Ron's official Primary Care, he acted very pleased and said that would be great.  Good.  I like him a lot.  I plan to make him mine, too, when I resolve some insurance issues. 

I saw him for a bladder infection about 2 years ago and he impressed me.  That's why I dragged Ron to him back in September. 

Ron, in the meantime, is DONE with medicine.  He said he will be half dead before he sees another doctor. 

We came home and I laid down for a while.  I woke up feeling appreciably better but still hurting.  We ran to Arby's and the dollar store.  I got Ron some rice crackers. 

Ron has a bad habit of EUI (eating under the influence).  One time he ate some leftovers he'd been saving for breakfast.  He was furious, still is, he did that. 

So, even though I bought several bags - I will only give him one at a time.  The last thing his poor colon needs is half a pound of rice crackers. 

He's still bleeding, but it's minimal.  The doctors, both of them, are unconcerned.  God knows there's nothing but patchy inflammation in his colon.  They sure looked enough. 

When we got home I finally did my God Time.  I still have some anxiety but not as much as I'd think, given I had over a gram of caffeine today. 

My Doc, by the way, says everyone should have less than 450 mg a day. 

God must have turned a knob, because  large amounts of caffeine really makes me anxious. 

Ron got a lot of new books, and is grinning away as he reads them.  He will never admit it, but he loves Regency romance novels. 

I'm charging a couple of devices.  I also downsized my "Big bag" to a smaller purse.  I can still carry the things I need and a couple items for Ron.  I do wish it had a shoulder strap. 

Having lived near a big city all my life, I know a cross body purse is a lot safer.  That said, I never keep my money in a purse. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a " city girl" like you i dress modestly and never carry money in a purse. I stopped carring a purse at all.