Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Hole to reality and the Tetanus Tumbleweed

I had a hallucination during my shower.  I had closed my eyes to rinse my hair.  When I opened them I was surrounded by brilliantly glowing tadpoles, swimming through the air.  I could "see" reality behind them, but the lights were brilliant.  This went on for about 20 seconds as I turned my head from side to side, trying to find a "hole" to reality. 

Depressing.  Scary.  Damned glad I don't drive, I would have wrecked.  I just can't rely on my mind.  Ever, it seems. 

I proceeded to finish bathing, shaved my legs and pits, applied my deodorant, and dried off. 

Ron and I had planned to go vote.  He cancelled, feeling lazy.  "I'm the one's gotta push the wheelchair" I retorted.  As it turns out, it's a good thing he did cancel. 

I walked out of the subdivision, encountering 3 dark colored ankle biters I've seen before.  Probably "yard dogs" that keep digging out.  Little dogs are diggers, you can't keep them in the yard, as #6 discovered. 

They were harmless, and avoided me, probably because they smelled my cats.  My cats will defend themselves, and the dogs are cat-aggressive.  Based on the dogs' subdued behavior, I'm pretty sure my gang beat them up at some point. 

I walked out and turned, walking down the busy street.  As I passed the vacant lot, I found a huge pile of rusted barbed wire, blocking the sidewalk.  It looked like a tumbleweed.  It had razors on it, and was completely covered in rust.  I could not have gotten Ron down the sidewalk, I'd have had to bump him into the street, push him in the busy road until we passed the tumbleweed, and then up on the sidewalk again. 

It did get me thinking about tetanus.  I haven't had a shot in nearly 20 years.  Probably a good idea to get one.  Ron did some research and found me a place that will do it pretty cheap.  Of course it involves a needle in my arm, but better that than a horrible death. 

No, I didn't get scratched, I was VERY careful moving around the obstruction. 

I got to the voting place and voted in a couple of minutes.  Out here in the county, we didn't have a lot of issues.  Some statewide ballots (Yes on cheaper taxes for disabled homeowners), some more local bond issues (I said no to most, except flood control and animal shelter), and some school district elections. 

I left and headed out to the bus stop (happily not near the tetanus tumbleweed), and went to Mc Donald's, but they were only doing breakfast.  I went to Krogers and got some various items, including some Nature Made B12 vitamins for Ron. 

I made an order with Swanson about a week ago, but somehow it didn't process.  Aggravating.  The B-12 was the big item on that order, so I got it at the Krogers.  Nature Made is quality tested so I feel fine giving that to Ron. 

He says the b-12 helps with the leg pain (neuropathy). 

I went back to McDonald's and got a chicken nugget meal.  It was very predictable, which is what I needed.  I had internal hysterics over the hallucinating. 

I went to the Popeyes and got a couple of chicken specials for Ron.  He was thrilled when I got home. 

I gave evangelism candy (all bagged up with the booklet) to my bus drivers, they liked that.  Glad to help. 

A bee kept buzzing me at the bus stop.  It was irritating. 

My bus came, I went home.  I thought it was funny, months ago,  #6 thought it was "too much" to walk half a mile home from the bus stop.  I wanted to tell her I used to live where I had to walk about 2 miles each way, to and from work, but I didn't due to the language barrier. 

I used to get dive bombed by angry mockingbird parents at one corner, otherwise it was uneventful. 

I came home, gave Ron his chicken, put away my purchases, and took a short nap.  When I got up I worked on taking out the trash, laundry, organizing, and calling Doc. 

I was worried, still am a bit, that my hallucinations are getting "louder".  That was the longest one yet.  Yes, I knew I was hallucinating.  I usually do. 

Unless it's the audio kind, with the music.  Those are harder to determine. 

I just accept, I'm hearing something, let's go to sleep anyway.   Since we do have some heavy industrial nearby, I hear noises at night from the manufacturing.  I find them soothing, actually. 

So.  I waited for Doc to call me back.  When he did, his assistant said he wasn't concerned and didn't want to change anything with my medication. 

Ugh.  I always think a new pill will Fix Everything.  Not so much this time.  Bad as I think I am, there's plenty worse.  Let's at least keep what I have - I can get behind that thinking. 

Of course I always take everything As Directed.  I'm even cutting back on the aspartame. 

I whined a little on the internet which made me feel better.  It is nice to be told I'm a Poor Baby. 

God knows I don't have it easy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Health department is a cheap place to get routine immunizaions