Saturday, November 28, 2015

Feathers on a stick

What did I do yesterday?  Depressed, went to work anyway.  I did everything except fill the nickels in my busiest snack machine.  My customers are going to be very unhappy about that. 

Well, I can't do anything about it now.  I went home and took a nap (yes!), then Ron and I went to Walmart. 

1.  I needed my medication. 
2.  Biscuit can always use more canned food. 
3.  Might as well check out the specials. 

I saw a couple things I might have been interested in: a button up fleece shirt (not the sweatshirt fabric, but the other kind) - but I already have 2, and it's just not that cold in Houston.  I also saw a thermal legging/top set, pretty cute, but nothing in my size.  All the colors were pretty sold out but the coral, which didn't seem to get anyone excited.  I even looked for my size in the coral.  Nope. 

Ah, well.  I mainly bought some food, a pot, the num-nums for Biscuit, and a purse.  This one is actually a crossbody purse, which I've been seeking.  It's big enough to hold my Kindle but not so big it looks like luggage.  I'm happy.  I already waterproofed it. 

The pharmacist "had" to talk to me because they changed the supplier on the Wellbutrin, which I already knew.  I said it gave me far fewer headaches than the larger, pink, tablets.  He was happy to hear that. 

We came home, I ate some pizza, and watched some TV.  Ron got an irate phone call from a pregnant woman who lost some money on the bill changer.  I could hear her shouting from the other room.  Then I went to bed. 

This morning I woke up to a drizzly cold rain.  I had planned to get up and go to the pet store.  They're having a sale on Christmas toys for pets - and our gang love the "feathers on a stick" toy.  It looks like s small feather duster.  Ron loves it because it is an easy toy for him to manipulate and he can feel them "jerk" as they attack it. 

I decided to stay home. 

After much debate, I bought myself one of the Amazon Fire $35 tablets.  I also got some memory and a "kid" case.  I figure it's a good idea to get something easy to grip, due to my occasional butterfingers.  I have wi-fi now, it should be easy to use.  It should arrive in about a month. 

I watched some TV and called Dad.  He is happy to hear Ron is figuring out portion control, and that it takes the body 90 minutes to reach the peak "drunk".  Ron would slam back several drinks in that time frame, trying to "tune out". 

It's funny, my parents (all 3 of them) were worried I would develop a drinking problem.  Instead, I married one. 

3 parents of course being biological mom, adoptive mom, and my Dad.  They seem to be doing well.  Dad is considering selling the time-share. 

Ron's reading a book about some couple vacationing in Barbados.  "Do people really have leather luggage?"  Yes, I told him, they do.  I think we still have Ron's old vinyl suitcase running around here somewhere.  It didn't even have wheels. 

If I would better one muscle group, it would be my forearms.  I think they could use some work.  I think every other group is in pretty good condition.  My arms sure got a good workout on that old suitcase! 

Anyway, that's it for now.  Still depressed, still fighting it. 

No comments: