Sunday, August 23, 2015

New Guy

Number 6 has been OK.  They still run their sprinkler every night, against my siding, but I'm not having the hysterics I was, a few years ago.  The way I figure, their dog probably peed on my siding, a lot, and it could use a good wash. 

If they aren't back to school yet it starts Monday.  I'm sleeping, that's all I care about. 

Number 2 may be breaking his lease, though.  I saw a man "visiting" on Monday.  I didn't really pay attention.  I noticed a new car in the driveway.  They have 3 drivers but 4 cars?  I wasn't sure about that, either.  I did see the new guy around for a few days, though. 

When we come home, we round a corner and go down the street.  #2's on the corner. 

We cane home and, as we turned the corner, I got a look at the New Guy.  He was literally looking down his nose at us, sneering, with a condescending expression. 

I shook my head, as we pulled into our driveway.  He went into the house. 

I had to tell Ron about it, and we had a good laugh.  A guy who's illegally subletting a room from renters, is sneering at homeowners.  "Who's the loser?" Ron yelled in the direction of their house (from inside ours).   We may not have a car, but I'd rather have a home, thanks. 

If we have issues (we haven't, yet), we can contact the landlady.  I'm certain they are breaking their lease, moving this guy in.  It's possible he's visiting but it's been a week, and I've never seen him before. 

I'm also pretty sure I saw him taking a dialysis bag out of his car the other night.  People on dialysis take a whole bag of crap with them, to the treatment.  Apparently the centers are too cheap to provide a warm blanket during treatment. 

Why would a guy, living in a house for a week already, be moving a small rolling suitcase, while looking very fatigued?  I could be wrong but I'll watch.  It should be easy to figure out. 

He is quiet.  He stays out of the yard.  He doesn't have any pets and, as far as I can tell, is leaving mine alone. 

I guess he can stay :p   He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to strike fear into the landlady, either.  If it was a young, partying, hard-drinking, guy - I might worry.  But this guy seems pretty placid except for that attitude. 

I can't believe I'm that upset. 

Anyway.  Depressed yesterday, but still had to work.  I need to see if I did a blog on yesterday.  Yes, I did.

Woke up today, went to Walmart.  Now, that was fun.  We have a local church, a few miles away.  The pastor preaches works-based salvation (bad), prosperity gospel (tickle God and He will give you money), and mandatory tithing.

It is good to donate to ministry.  However, I donate to non-church ministries with strict accountability.  Gospel For Asia, World Missionary Press, and Voice of the Martyrs (I don't agree with some of the politics but Bible Smuggling is always awesome in my book).  Ron has a few things he does, as well.

That's not even counting what I spend on Bibles.  I am always spending "my own" money on Bibles.  I'm not playing, I'm so holy, just making the point I do "give to the Lord".

The church.  The pastor also flies around in a helicopter, and when riding in a vehicle, rides in a stretch SUV "Pimp Daddy" obscenity.  Can you imagine the gas bill for either?  Much less paying the driver?  It is wasteful and terrible stewardship.  The building is a huge palace, and I'd hate to see the utilities. 

One of my favorite churches is housed in a converted warehouse.  It's lovely, but very affordable and excellent stewardship. 

You can tell I don't like these guys.  I liked them even less when I found them begging outside Walmart.  They were so smug and pushy.  I just wanted to scream at them, and go Old Testament on their asses.  "God's going to rebuke you!  Bad stewards!  Shame on you!  Stealing in Jesus' name!  No, ma'am, don't give him any money!"

But, it planted a seed.  I could go on at some length about my anger, and how it took 2 people to talk me out of embarrassing myself (and more importantly, Jesus).  But I couldn't help but think - they were permitted.  

I plan to talk to the store manager (who I know) and see if I can get permission to do a Bible Handout "I don't want your money".  NO jar, no "donations", just a whole lot of Bibles and "Praying for you daily!"

We shall see.  If God wills it, it will happen.

If I get permission, I will need a table, transportation, and a couple hundred more Bibles.  This could easily clean me out in one day.  It's all up to God.

But He does know how to poke me into action.   


No comments: